Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early removal success!!

tag
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Early removal success!!

So last month I decided to dispute a charge off on my reports for Nissan due to fall off in May 2015. When I received notifications from each bureau that the disputes were finished, the only thing that was updated was that it was indeed a valid an acurate debt and my scores dropped a few points. I was so discouraged!! But within the past three days I have been getting notifications that my scores have increased and I began checking my Equifax and CK and it seems that Nissan has completely removed the charge off from my reports!! My scores jumped about 50-60 points and it has given me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel! ...Now I just need to settle the collection account and my reports will be on its way to being where they were before this nightmare.. Just thought I would share. AND yesterday got approved for NavCheck $8,000 that I requested.. didn't want to push it by asking for $10 or $15K. I think I will go out and have some celebratory Dogfish Heads for my troubles.. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Early removal success!!

@Glkslngr wrote:

So last month I decided to dispute a charge off on my reports for Nissan due to fall off in May 2015. When I received notifications from each bureau that the disputes were finished, the only thing that was updated was that it was indeed a valid an acurate debt and my scores dropped a few points. I was so discouraged!! But within the past three days I have been getting notifications that my scores have increased and I began checking my Equifax and CK and it seems that Nissan has completely removed the charge off from my reports!! My scores jumped about 50-60 points and it has given me hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel! ...Now I just need to settle the collection account and my reports will be on its way to being where they were before this nightmare.. Just thought I would share. AND yesterday got approved for NavCheck $8,000 that I requested.. didn't want to push it by asking for $10 or $15K. I think I will go out and have some celebratory Dogfish Heads for my troubles.. Smiley Happy

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Here is a tip: You want to call or write the CRAs and ask for early removal, not dispute, if the dispute is unsuccesful when the status date comes current it drops your score if it hasnt already been reporting monthly as it looks new in the eyes of Fico.

Message 2 of 4
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@Glkslngr wrote:

Grats to your success Smiley Happy

Here is a tip: You want to call or write the CRAs and ask for early removal, not dispute, if the dispute is unsuccesful when the status date comes current it drops your score if it hasnt already been reporting monthly as it looks new in the eyes of Fico.

Thank you! I noticed that after I received the dispute results. Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 4
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

How do you submit a request to the CRA for early removal? What is the best timeframe to do this? Is there a specific letter? If so, would you mind sharing? Thank you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.