Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eastern Account Systems Collections Help

tag
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Eastern Account Systems Collections Help

Hey gang, I could use some of your excellent advice.  In 2008 I had seperated from my wife (now divorced) and I mistakenly had left my name on several of the accounts (cable, phone, etc).  I know, very dumb move because of course she stopped paying the bills and they all went to collections etc, with MY name on the bill. Well, Comcast shut off the cable and eventually the account was given to Eastern Account Systems to collect on.  I didn't know this until I saw it on my credit report.  They have two seperate TL's, one for the equipment and one for the past due bill.  Here's the kicker, she finally paid Comcast and now has cable again in her name and she kept the same equipment.  Eastern Account Systems is still trying to collect so I disputed it with Experian (only report it shows on) and all EAS did was print out a screen shot of my account and sent it to me.  Where do I go from here?  Somehow I don't feel that they verified that I actually owe this debt if all they sent is their screen shot. I even stated in my dispute that my ex paid comcast directly and kept the equipment. I only have four more items to remove and two of them are EAS, I'm almost there!

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Eastern Account Systems Collections Help

I would send them a direct dispute (in my signature) disputing they are owed anything.  It will help to have something showing the debt was paid.

They only need to update to paid.

It may help to get something from the OC stating it was paid.  They were supposed to notify them of the payment to begin with.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

....as for documentation as part of verification of a dispute, they are only required to conduct a reasonable investigation and provide a statement that the reporting is considered accurate.  Thus, they have actually provided more than is required to verify.

In filing a direct dispute, since you have already disputed via a CRA, they could dismiss a direct dispute as substantially the same as a prior dispute unless you provide new information not previously provided in your CRA dispute.

Thus, be sure to include some additional documentation not previously submitted to the CRA to ensure they dont dismiiss your direct dispute.

Since the item under dispute is the current balance, resolution of your dispute will only require their update of that information, and wont compel deletion of the reported collection.

Thus, since I presume that deletion of the collection is your actual goal, that would involve a request for their good-will deletion based on the tortured facts of your case.

Filing a dspute would not necessarily foster that ultimate goal, as it is not apt to increase their good-will on the real issue of deletion.

I would suggest first contacting someone in thier exec offices, and shedding a few tears towards getting a GW deletion of the entire collection before hardening the issue with a dispute that wont necessarily address credit report deletion.

Message 3 of 4
soccer5
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I first want to find out what I can from the original creditor (comcast) as I know at least the TL for the cable equipment shouldn't be on there as it was reported as never being turned in when  it was. And if my ex wife paid any or all of the past due balance at least maybe I could get the remaining TL updated and then try to PFD any remaining balance. Thanks again!

Starting Score: EX 549 EQ 465 TU 477
Current Score: EX 714 EQ 681 TU 727 EX Fico (PSECU) 683 EQ Fico 676 (MyFico) TU Fico (WalMart) 701 as of 6/6/2014
Goal Score: 700's
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.