Did you mean: 

Easy to get Credit

tag
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Easy to get Credit

@finallyfixingit wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

To be honest, you probably qualify for the Capital one Platinum card or the Quicksilver. I had my secured since March and I was able to obtain both of them. So instead of trying to add $2,500 to your secured card, you can try to app for them. The garden will also be a good place for you to take care of these cards and let them age. Good luck!

Whitneyy,

You said you got your secured card in March. How many months did you wait before applying for your Platinum and Quicksilver. I have been looking at the Quicksilver one, but I am scared to pull the trigger. When I go on the Capital One Pre qual site I am still only being offered the secured card. I got my secured card in September.

I applied in October back to back for both of them. They were NOT popping up on the prequalification website but they were on my creditsesame account and since a friend decided to do hers like that, I decided to do that as well. Your secured card is a bit new, but who knows you might qualify. I'm also in the credit steps program. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 11 of 14
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@JSHammet wrote:

Thanks, Whitney! Maybe I will try for one of the Cap One's and then rest easy for awhile! 

Btw.....I have seen you around the forum and love your signature line. I hope you share where your

scores are at in January! 

My scores are def growing, but I know for sure that my reports are pretty much clean! 

Thanks, and let me know what happens when you apply!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely! Thank you so much!

Message 13 of 14
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

@finallyfixingit wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

To be honest, you probably qualify for the Capital one Platinum card or the Quicksilver. I had my secured since March and I was able to obtain both of them. So instead of trying to add $2,500 to your secured card, you can try to app for them. The garden will also be a good place for you to take care of these cards and let them age. Good luck!

Whitneyy,

You said you got your secured card in March. How many months did you wait before applying for your Platinum and Quicksilver. I have been looking at the Quicksilver one, but I am scared to pull the trigger. When I go on the Capital One Pre qual site I am still only being offered the secured card. I got my secured card in September.

I applied in October back to back for both of them. They were NOT popping up on the prequalification website but they were on my creditsesame account and since a friend decided to do hers like that, I decided to do that as well. Your secured card is a bit new, but who knows you might qualify. I'm also in the credit steps program. 

Thanks for the reply. So far Walmart has only reported to Equifax. I am still waiting for Fingerhut (revolving) and VS. I am going to hold off and let all of my new accounts report to all 3 bureaus first. I know Cap 1 pulls all three, so I want to be careful.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.