Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy to get Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Easy to get Credit

Any other places that are easy to get approved for with low credit scores?

I would like one more account to nurture and then I am going take some money from savings and do a of couple secured cards with higher limits.

I have Capital One, Fingerhut, Gettington, and Victoria Secret.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Easy to get Credit

I think you have a nice mixup of revolving accounts and if you are trying to grow your scores, it will take some payments overtime to these accounts. Is your fingerhut installment or revolving?

How long have you had your Capital One card? Is it secured?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Fingerhut is revolving and I have had my secured Capital One for about 8 months. 

I just got approved for a $1500 Kay Jeweler card just now, so I am finished applying anywhere.

I will add $2500 to my Capital One Account to increase my limit/utilization and then I think I will 

take out one more secured with another $2500 limit.

Do you think if I nurture these for awhile I should see some nice improvements in 8-10 months?

All on-time payments at this point and nothing that is not paid on my credit report.

Message 3 of 14
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

To be honest, you probably qualify for the Capital one Platinum card or the Quicksilver. I had my secured since March and I was able to obtain both of them. So instead of trying to add $2,500 to your secured card, you can try to app for them. The garden will also be a good place for you to take care of these cards and let them age. Good luck!

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 14
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

@Whitneyy wrote:

To be honest, you probably qualify for the Capital one Platinum card or the Quicksilver. I had my secured since March and I was able to obtain both of them. So instead of trying to add $2,500 to your secured card, you can try to app for them. The garden will also be a good place for you to take care of these cards and let them age. Good luck!

Whitneyy,

You said you got your secured card in March. How many months did you wait before applying for your Platinum and Quicksilver. I have been looking at the Quicksilver one, but I am scared to pull the trigger. When I go on the Capital One Pre qual site I am still only being offered the secured card. I got my secured card in September.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with capital one secured card with limit of $200 since I dont have a strong credit file and very low credit.  Then couple months later I added $300, then another $500 more to make total of $1000 credit limit.  After 6months of paying on time and keep my balance under 9% reported, I applied for Quick Silver and Student Journey Card from Capital One.  I got approved only for $300 each, but these card have great benefit and reward cash back.  I also like the fact that you can do a lot with those reward cash back, and the Quick Silver has no interested till August 2015.  These 2 card will automaticly increase your limit after 6months of paying on time.

I know the limit are not high, but its a start and capital one has been great to me of rebuilding.

Patient is the key my friend.

Message 6 of 14
finallyfixingit
Regular Contributor

@JSHammet wrote:

My Fingerhut is revolving and I have had my secured Capital One for about 8 months. 

I just got approved for a $1500 Kay Jeweler card just now, so I am finished applying anywhere.

I will add $2500 to my Capital One Account to increase my limit/utilization and then I think I will 

take out one more secured with another $2500 limit.

Do you think if I nurture these for awhile I should see some nice improvements in 8-10 months?

All on-time payments at this point and nothing that is not paid on my credit report.

My secure card currently has  $200 on it and I refuse to add anymore money to it. I have seen other people on these boards who have been able to bring their credit scores out of the dumps with $200 and $300 secured cards. I think you will be okay.

7/14 Scores: EQ- 576, TU- 589, EX- 567
3/7/15 Scores: EQ- 666, TU- 680, EX- 669

last app 3/11/15
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Whitney! Maybe I will try for one of the Cap One's and then rest easy for awhile! 

Btw.....I have seen you around the forum and love your signature line. I hope you share where your

scores are at in January! 

Thanks Finallyfixingit for your input! That is good to know. I hate pulling out that money from savings, 

but I thought if it could move me further ahead, I would do it. Would like to sell my house and buy something

closer to my job within the next 2 years, so I am looking for anything that will move my efforts along.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Stickyrice. This is good to know. I wasn't real certain about Capital One, but I keep

hearing good things about them for rebuilding. 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a good group of CC's to nurture.

My only other suggestion would be to get one of those $500 installment loans.  

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.