Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Education Loans - Open - Charged Off

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Education Loans - Open - Charged Off

Update reporting on a delinquent account is a form of postive statement that the account remains delinquent, and thus now has increased its period of delinquency.

FICO chooses to consider that fact to have negative scoring affect.

How a credit score is calculated is not itself subjject to dispute under the FCRA, only the accuracy of information that goes into calculation of the score is disputable.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG wrote:

Update reporting on a delinquent account is a form of postive statement that the account remains delinquent, and thus now has increased its period of delinquency.

How a credit score is calculated is not itself subjject to dispute under the FCRA, only the accuracy of information that goes into calculation of the score is disputable.

To be fair, I haven't pulled my FICO score since the dispute.  The 30 point hit is indicated on my CK report (FAKO?).  Unless you're saying that having submitted the dispute has actually negatively affected my FICO score, in the sense that it allowed CITIBANK to update which somehow more negatively affects my score than it already was due to its deliquency.

I didn't assume my score would get better over time because I never paid it - what I'm saying is that it appears as though this dispute has caused a severe drop in my score below what it already was because of the delinquent accounts.  Does that make sense?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

To be fair, I haven't pulled my FICO score since the dispute.  The 30 point hit is indicated on my CK report (FAKO?).  Unless you're saying that having submitted the dispute has actually negatively affected my FICO score, in the sense that it allowed CITIBANK to update which somehow more negatively affects my score than it already was due to its deliquency.

I didn't assume my score would get better over time because I never paid it - what I'm saying is that it appears as though this dispute has caused a severe drop in my score below what it already was because of the delinquent accounts.  Does that make sense?

Yes, that is exactly how it woirks. Items that have not updated in several years WILL cause a score drop if updated.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch. Good to know for the future. Thanks that's very helpful.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.