Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of adding positive new accounts which are actually very old

tag
fixingitohio
Contributor

Effect of adding positive new accounts which are actually very old

This is an interesting one.

I've been on my rebuild journey since March and I am seeing positive results.  As a result of the prior wreckage, I didn't have any real number of tradelines because I thought the goal was unobtainable.

Since March, I've opened some accounts and watch my scores on MPM religiously.

I was bummed several months ago because one of my positive installment lines, a consolidated student loan, was transferred to another servicer and the original was marked as transferred, $0 balance and positive (no lates).

Today, 4 new "installement accounts" pop up on my report, all positive.  The new servicer has disaggregated them in to the four original lines for reporting (I pay one monthly payment for all four).

Initially, I freaked out because I'm religiously gardening, trying to get back in with Amex in the November/December time frame for business travel.  Lots of cleanup, lots of managing balances, cleaning up derogs, etc.

Then I looked a little deeper and the new lines show open dates of 1986, 1987, 1988 and 1990 (which are accurate).

MPM's EX number hasn't moved yet (they just showed up today there).

My question to the forum is:

- Will I see a score bump up or down because of new accounts?  

- Will my AAoA move or don't installments factor in to it.

CK showed my AAoA as .75 years (which would be about right with new lines, only others were a car loan and the original consolidated student loan)/.

Will UW view these negatively if I'm gardening since they're "new" (report date is 7/31/13 with only one payment showing right now) or does the "open date" factor more heavily than the first report date.

What I don't want is to be viewed as actively seeking credit (yet) by UW's, but if I can get some positives out of 23, 25, 26 and 27 year old accounts, well then ...

Thoughts?

Thanks for the advice and knowledge.

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Effect of adding positive new accounts which are actually very old

Any OC account you add will affect your AAoA.  How much will depend on how many you add at one time.

Points could go either way when added.  Your entire credit profile plays a role in what happens.

CK only factors in open accounts whereas FICO factors in any and all OC accounts.,

Message 2 of 3
fixingitohio
Contributor

Re: Effect of adding positive new accounts which are actually very old

Just a report on the effect on MPM

TU +23

EQ +20

apparently they've poured concrete on the EX number on MPM.  It's so stable I could build a building on it.

Thanks for the feedback

Starting Score: 640 TU / 593 EQ / 596 EX (3/1/13)
Current Score: 695 TU / 725 EQ / 673 EX (11/7/13)
Goal Score: 720 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.