cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electric Bill Balance Causing Score to Increase ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Electric Bill Balance Causing Score to Increase ??

Curious Question

On myFICO I recieved an alert in Sept. stating a balance increase on my Electric bill was cause for my score to jump 12 pts ?? This has to be a mistake right? How would simply receiving a bill with a 35.00 balance cause my score to go up? Or is the alert system just reporting a balance change and the score bump was something that just happened between alerts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Electric Bill Balance Causing Score to Increase ??

@Anonymous wrote:

Curious Question

On myFICO I recieved an alert in Sept. stating a balance increase on my Electric bill was cause for my score to jump 12 pts ?? This has to be a mistake right? How would simply receiving a bill with a 35.00 balance cause my score to go up? Or is the alert system just reporting a balance change and the score bump was something that just happened between alerts?

I would suspect that it is something else that caused the change in scoring, The only way I see this raising your score is if 0 debt was being reported prior to the increase.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Electric Bill Balance Causing Score to Increase ??

Well its just a utillity bill, thats on auto-pay so its always previously at 0. I love myFICO and the community it brings, but I see too many mistakes with the alerts, reports, and scores. I have a late payment from a year ago, on one report from myFico in May it reports as being late in FEB of 14, and then on my most recent report I brought up in DEC that same account and same late payment states it being from FEB of 13, no 2014 late payments at all??

Not sure if its the site or the agency mixing stuff up.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.