Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email response

tag
bbrown152
Valued Member

Email response

I emailed a gw to a student loan lender, i didnt know what email to use so i tried the ceo's name@ the bank a bunch of different ways. Well today i got an email from someone at the bank who the email was evidently forwarded to asking for my social and current phone number, is this a good sign or is it something to shut me up for a while?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Email response

I would assume they do not have enough information to pull up your account... I would assume so far so good.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get nervous anytime someone asks for my social, especially over email.  Did they have a number, name & title in their email signature?  Maybe you could call and discuss with them?  Perhaps I am too paranoid...
Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I get nervous anytime someone asks for my social, especially over email.  Did they have a number, name & title in their email signature?  Maybe you could call and discuss with them?  Perhaps I am too paranoid...

I agree...not too paraniod at all.  Midland wouldn't work with me through email.  She gave me her Ph #.

I'd reply by email asking for phone info if it's not in sig block. ...which, if that is the case, would also raise a huge red flag.

Is the entire email thread intact?

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
bbrown152
Valued Member

Sorry i forgot about this thread. This was the response i got,

"Mr. Brown:
The account number listed below is not recognized in our system. 
I will need some more identifying information.  What is your social
security
number? And your current telephone number?
Sincerely,
Jill GXXX"

I felt somewhat safe about it since the security notice was listed at the bottom,

"NOTICE:
The information contained in this message, including attachments, may contain
confidential and/or privileged information that is intended solely for the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient, Simmons First strictly prohibits any review, disclosure, conversion
to hard copy, dissemination, reproduction or other use of any part of this
communication.  If you receive this message in error or without authorization,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete the
entire communication from any computer, disk drive, or other storage medium. 
Simmons First and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, and agents do
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of the message."

Thankfully noone would want to steal my identity at this point, lol. BTW the original msg was included in the email, but no contact information or title of this Jill G....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.