Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email vs snail mail for GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email vs snail mail for GW

Which is better and/or faster? One collection was paid on full and is the most recent, so I've been sending them emails every other day..how long does it take to get a response?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Email vs snail mail for GW

I've never heard of GW being sent via email.  I think you have a to write a letter and send it in an addressed envelope.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I send it to OC or CA?
Message 3 of 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

you send it to whoever reported the derogatory that you are trying to get removed.

EDIT:  if you have a charge-off and a collection, you would send one to ca since they are reporting the collection account, and one to oc since they reported the charge-off

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 8
2NE1
Established Contributor

IME, I wasn't getting thru with Chase and neither their CA thru snail mail... but once I got a hold of some GW email contacts, BAM! I got both of them deleted! Smiley Wink

GW emails do work as well! and you spend less on stamps and a trip to the post office! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
heckofagator
Valued Member

I've sent all my GW letters via email.  I didn't think people used regular mail anymore.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 8
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I sent mine via email when I found contacts and snail mail when I couldn't. I got phone calls in results of my emails. I was turned down but still super impressed that they did call. They also gave me their names and phone numbers if I have any issues in the future. If I can find a way to payoff my chase card I am pretty darn sure she will remove the tradeline but because it still has a balance they cannot remove the late payments. Paying it off and getting it deleted is the way to go on my chase card.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 7 of 8
JonRun
Regular Contributor

2NE1, could you share your Chase email contacts please. PM me! Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.