cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed CEO Verizon, what r my chances of delete?

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Emailed CEO Verizon, what r my chances of delete?

I have searched all week online to find emails for top dogs at Verizon. I want to email a GW request to have an old paid acct from 2005 removed. I got lucky and emailed the region president here in PA and she read my email (return receipt) said she would look into it. She forwarded my email to an employee. This employee emailed me and told me that my account is no longer in the Verizon data base. Which means, it needs deleted right? EX & TU validated it when I disputed with them. I then emailed the president again and told her to contact the bureau's and have it deleted. That was a week ago.

Found a different address for the CEO of Verizon Communications yesterday so I sent him the email, what are my chances that he will delete? If they can't locate the account from 2005, which remained with them, it wasn't sent out to a collection agency, they need to remove it from my reports, correct?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Emailed CEO Verizon, what r my chances of delete?

can you share the email address  with us i have the same problem  we will really apreciate it

Message 2 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You have both a unique situation, and a unique opportunity.

First, continue to pursue your GW deletion attempts. If that suceeds, you get deletion.

But you can additionally go further, based on what you have said.

Here is my understanding of the facts, as you have posted:

You first disputed through the CRA, apparently under FCRA 611(a), and the CRA then reported back that the posting of the information by the OC was confirmed, after their required consultation with the OC, to have been accurate.  Technically, this dispute did not "validate" anything.  If just denied your dispute.  And it used their arcane e-Oscar dispute process, which most likely omitted any supporting documentation you sent.  I would not accept that dispute resolution as validation of anything.

Then, a Verizon "employee" told you that your account is no longer in their database.   Oops, on their part!

Here is what I would do, in addition to your continued GW efforts, if you have any reason for contesting their earlier reporting.  Find a reason....

File a direct dispute now with Verizon, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8).  That will totally bypass the CRAs and requrie Verizon to tell you that they have investigated their records, and that they confirm that their prior reporting was accurate.  How can they possibly do this, if they have told you that they have no account records for you?

This direct dispute requires their mandatory response and action within 30-days.  No response compels CR deletion.

Suggested letter to Verizon:

“This is a notice of direct dispute with you, under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), of the accuracy of information you have posted to my credit file.

“In compliance with FCRA 623(a)(8)(D), this notice includes:

“Identification of the specific information being disputed:

(specify the account(s) numbers, and the specific information)

“Basis for the dispute:

(how the reporting was inaccurate, and what you want investigated)

“Supporting documentation:

(all documents that support your dispute; make sure to include,

as part of your documentation, a copy of the portion of your

recent credit report showing their reporting of the disptued information to a CRA)

“Under the provisions of FCRA 623(a)(8)(E), you have the duty to review all of the information in my notice of dispute, and to complete your investigation, and report back the results of your investigation to me within 30-days of my notice of dispute..”

Message 3 of 9
wildstang
Contributor

Chances are pretty good! dont be mad at me if I am worng Smiley Surprised. I googled a corp ceo number I believe i got it from the BBB website. You can useful information there. I sent a paper GW and received a call from a number in NY. The lady was nice and said that the CEO fwd the message to her. Week later it was gone. I am very sorry I do not have the number or the adress i sent it to. Just keep trying the Corp offices or HQ. They deleted mine with no problem.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 470
Current Score: 610
Goal Score: 600

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

so here is an update. Received call this morning from the secretary of the big dog. She told she was waiting to hear from the finance dept and she will call me back. Aroung 9:30 am I get a call on my cell but I missed it so I called the number back and she told me that they can't remove per the fair credit act. It's part of my credit history it remains. Well, I told her that is why I emailed the CEO so he could make a goodwill gesture and have it remove. She said "can he do that?" I said yes he has the power to have it removed, like she didn't know. She said she would talk to him and call me back. I didn't hear from her the rest of today. I will not give up. My next question to her will be, "can you validate this debt?" I was already told that the account is no longer in their database. The account needs to be removed plain & simple. They can't validate it. I have a call in to my attorney to get his input. I thought for sure that it would get removed. I plan on emailing him again. I don't know if I can list the email address on here.

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@mnegron1969 wrote:

so here is an update. Received call this morning from the secretary of the big dog. She told she was waiting to hear from the finance dept and she will call me back. Aroung 9:30 am I get a call on my cell but I missed it so I called the number back and she told me that they can't remove per the fair credit act. It's part of my credit history it remains. Well, I told her that is why I emailed the CEO so he could make a goodwill gesture and have it remove. She said "can he do that?" I said yes he has the power to have it removed, like she didn't know. She said she would talk to him and call me back. I didn't hear from her the rest of today. I will not give up. My next question to her will be, "can you validate this debt?" I was already told that the account is no longer in their database. The account needs to be removed plain & simple. They can't validate it. I have a call in to my attorney to get his input. I thought for sure that it would get removed. I plan on emailing him again. I don't know if I can list the email address on here.

Private email addresses are not allowed to be posted publicly but you're more than welcome to exchange PM's with anyone needing that information.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 6 of 9
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

@mnegron1969 wrote:

A few comments:

"I said yes he has the power to have it removed, like she didn't know."

She's a secretary, not a credit expert.  Why should she know such things?  We spend hours on the forums and learn a lot about credit, but there's no reason to expect a secretary at Verizon to know about this kind of stuff.

"I was already told that the account is no longer in their database."

Verizon is a big company and I'm sure they have different programs for different employees.  That specific employee might have access to certain information, but not to your old account.  Just because he doesn't see it in his computer, it doesn't mean Verizon doesn't have any record of it in their archives.

"The account needs to be removed plain & simple. They can't validate it."

In your first post you said that they did validate it.  You also said that it was paid in 2005.  If that's the case, it should remain on your credit report for another 2 years or so.  It doesn't need to be removed until the reporting period is over.

Message 7 of 9
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

A few comments:

"I said yes he has the power to have it removed, like she didn't know."

She's a secretary, not a credit expert.  Why should she know such things?  We spend hours on the forums and learn a lot about credit, but there's no reason to expect a secretary at Verizon to know about this kind of stuff. Just cause she's a secretary doesn't mean she has no knowledge of how the credit game is played, she could have been playing dumb to get me off the phone.

"I was already told that the account is no longer in their database."

Verizon is a big company and I'm sure they have different programs for different employees.  That specific employee might have access to certain information, but not to your old account.  Just because he doesn't see it in his computer, it doesn't mean Verizon doesn't have any record of it in their archives.  2 different CEO's both times directed my email to someone in the finance dept. neither one could find the account. Do you work for Verizon and know they use different programs? Stop busting my bubble

"The account needs to be removed plain & simple. They can't validate it."

In your first post you said that they did validate it.  You also said that it was paid in 2005.  If that's the case, it should remain on your credit report for another 2 years or so.  It doesn't need to be removed until the reporting period is over.  I never said that the account was validated so don't put words in my mouth, read it again, it states the secretary told me it can't be removed. She didn't validate the account she relayed to me what was relayed to her. There was no talk of the acctual account she wasn't verifying it she simply asked someone if it could be removed and they told her NO. My second question to her would have been can you validate this account but she never called me back. This is a paid account charged off and I was asking for a goodwill to have it removed. From reading on here people have has success having it removed as a goodwill. If you don't have any nice comments or anything useful to add don't say anything at all. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

mnegron1969 wrote:

Message 8 of 9
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

LOL.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.