Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed Capital One C.E.O

tag
andersk08
New Contributor

Emailed Capital One C.E.O

I emailed my Goodwill letter to the Capital One CEO today. Will keep you updated with any response I get....If any

Starting Scores: ( 9-9-14 )
Equifax FICO - 507 TransUnion FICO - 580 Experian FICO - 535
Current Scores: (10-08-14)
Equifax FICO - 552 TransUnion FICO - 639 Experian FICO - 609
ALL pulled from MyFico 3 Bureau Monitoring
Goal Score - 650 Across the board ( For Starters )
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Cheshiregrl
Contributor

Re: Emailed Capital One C.E.O

Good luck! Can't wait to read your results

Starting Score:MyFico EQ 651 6/14
MyFico TU 676 7/14
MyFico EX 670 8/14
Current 3-bureau score watch 3/15:EQ 736 EX 687 TU 783
Message 2 of 12
andersk08
New Contributor

Me neither! As log as theyre good lol. Ive read alot of dissapointing things about goodwill letters to Cap One

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please share the email address or please kindly pm me if you dont mind. also a sample of letter?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

goggle capital one ceo email and it will give it to you. Don't expect an email back they will call you so I hope you gave your telly. They were great to me and cleared any delinquents, not to mention deleted a second account early (which was a charge off scheduled to drop in 2015).  I also have 2 more cards with them that they could see I was taking very seriously since I got them. I don't know what did it but I made the letter very personal.

Message 5 of 12
andersk08
New Contributor

Thats awesome RadarLuv

Message 6 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Info for all

We don't usually give this info out for the purpose of GW's 

This tool has been used for CLI's and waiving AF's 

They're not very receptive to GW's of course as always YMMV

However if you're using this for GW's I would advise not doing that as this avenue has been great for others forum member with CAP1 cards..

If to many people abuse the system then at some point they will close the door on this valued resource and one day you may be a CAP 1 customer seeking a CLI or waiver of the AF so please consider this before sending request for lates or CO to be removed.. and chances are you won't be successful.....sorry but true.:smileysad:

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, they were very receptive, and I am keen on writing HQ at many different companies (including my own) for many different purposes, often times for reporting great experiences with a particular company and sometimes not so great. This is not anything new to them and they are glad to help. I have been an extremely good customer to them in recent years and continue to stay that way, which I think they understood. Fixing your credit to become a better consumer is just as important as CLI or waiving annual fee's (which seems more of an "abuse of the system") and they were not bothered what so ever. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, they were very receptive, and I am keen on writing HQ at many different companies (including my own) for many different purposes, often times for reporting great experiences with a particular company and sometimes not so great. This is not anything new to them and they are glad to help. I have been an extremely good customer to them in recent years and continue to stay that way, which I think they understood. Fixing your credit to become a better consumer is just as important as CLI or waiving annual fee's (which seems more of an "abuse of the system") and they were not bothered what so ever. Quite the contrary, in fact.

Interesting point of view you have and agree to some in principle.....

While I agree with you that some corporate headquarters can and are helpful unfortunately CAP1 is not when it comes to GW's for removing lates CO...etc etc 

They will simply tell you by law they're reporting valid info. and can not change it. This is based on the thousands of CAP1 thread I've read and I'm a numbers type person. 

No one here especially me disputes the fact you state about fixing a consumers credit which is why each and everyone of us are here.  

Some of us even spend time helping other as many as we can with facts and knowledge that comes from time spent collecting facts based on the majority of forum members experiences and success stories. 

However if you notice my statement did contained YMMV= Your mileage may vary...... Why is that? 

While we have seen some success stories from CAP1 they are few and far between when it comes to removing any type of negative from ones accounts open or closed.

Being a numbers guy I'd venture to say 99.5% fail to .5% success

@I notice you have 2 CAP1 cards @ $750.00 which are your lowest limits have you attempted a CLI? Interesting 

You are a prime example of what this is being used for.

Of course I assume YMHV=Your mileage has varied...Feel free to share your CAP1 success 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have actually had 2 cap 1 successes. One was a charge off and one had mulptiple late charges. As bad as I used to be with my finances and as good as I was at ignoring my CR I honestly didn't even know they were "negatives". I had no idea how bad a charge off was and I was so stupid that I didn't think a handful of late charges would ever effect me. They pulled my charge off completely, though it WAS due to fall of 1/2015 and removed all history and late charges from the other card that was closed. It was due to drop 8/2015. I haven't asked for a larger limit to my sub-prime cards, nor will I. They were great in getting me back in the game but I have no use for them now. Perhaps I will open a prime card with them one of these day. But for me all it took was a genuine letter and a return phone call. I may have been EXTREMELY lucky, I really don't know but I am thankful that it did and that the option was there. FWIW I also wrote to target HQ to which they removed 5,  90+ - 1,  60+ and 1, 30+ late notations. The fact that I ever had those is beyond embarassing, but they were there and I needed to fix it.  Again, perhaps I was lucky...but one doesn't know until one tries.

BTW, thanks for your contributions, I see you have been here a while and noobs like me certainly have a lot to learn and appreciate all the help you give!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.