cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailed First Premier....and I got a response!

tag

Emailed First Premier....and I got a response!

I sent an email to First Premier yesterday and they responded today!!

A little exciting but I'm not trying to get my hopes up. It's from Julie and only asks what is my current mailing address. I definitely wasn't expecting to receive such a fast response.

The letter template was one I found on here it primarily asked for FP to verify the debt, purchases made, IP address, etc etc. It's a CO account and 2 of the bureaus have no account number being reported so I attached that to my email.

I just emailed back with my address.

Now we wait...............

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Emailed First Premier....and I got a response!

A consumer can send an informal request to a credit card company requesting information about an account, but the formal debt validation process only applies to debt collectors.

Credit card companies are required to provide ongoing "validation" in the form of regular billing statements, which provide their statement of purchases, amounts owed, etc.

A consumer can then request further information within 60 days by way of dispute under the provisions of the Fair Credit Billing Act.

The creditor may provide more information in response to your informal request, but could choose to simply deny the request or require payment of a fee for the requested information. 

In the meantime, if you have billing records that clearly show some error, you can file your own dispute of accuracy of any reporting they have made.

The burden is upon the consumer to show a specific inaccuracy, and not on the creditor to first provide past billing records.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Julie is bipolar I think. It could go either way depending on her mood. She goodwilled 1 of my accounts but won't goodwill the other. She says they don't goodwill accounts 😂
Good luck and I hope she gives you a goodwill. She is a strange bird to say the least.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

would like this "Julie" characters contact information. I have a paid charge off that i want  deleted. I have emailed  a generic email address on here a couple times with no response. any help is greatly appreciated

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

would like to get her contact information. Have emailed a generic email a couple times and no response. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to know I am not the only one fighting First Premier.  I wish I had found this forum before I paid things and tried to rebuild on my own.   Hope Julie treats you well!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP any update?

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me too! I got an email from her about 3 days ago asking for my updated address. Nothing has arrived yet but I will update when it does. I have a charge off from 2014 thats reporting 3 different ways to the CB. 

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this too, after the last month, it has been back and forth, 

She verified the debt was mine, and today just refused to PFD.  There have been mixed results dealing with them, one person even joked that the lady we deal with is bipolar LOL..

Onto the GW campaign for me now....yay!!   Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh boy.... I still haven't received anything from them. I hope they will just delete it. Also, Champcardz, around what score did you need to get approved for the Total Visa that you have? I tried for it was this morning, it was ran as an "Installment Loan" when Experian alerted me... I was kindly declined Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.