Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embarrassed- One step forward, 5 steps back

tag
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Embarrassed- One step forward, 5 steps back

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I guess I have a decision to make. The last thing that will affect my decision is avoiding collection activity. I literally could not care less if they harass me. So, do I call, write a pfd, or perhaps it would be a pay for not reporting at all in my case. It's extra frustrating because most of the problems I have had in my life (not just credit) stem from procrastinating and forgetfulness. I have been doing great with fighting my procrastination but I still forget everything. I write something down, I lose the note..... OR I get distracted and forget to write the note. My smartphone has been a huge help, but I still have to tell it to remind me.

Also, Thanks so much for your advice and support! It helps to keep me from bashing my head against the wall.

Pageonce can be your friend.  Set it up and it won't let you forget. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am installing pageonce as i type this. After all the poking around I have done in the market, I have never come across this app.

Message 22 of 24
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

It is much easier to set your accounts up on thier website.  Then use the app on the phone to keep you 'on track'. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 24
sassymomof2
Frequent Contributor

Rule#1- don't call them. Rule#2-don't give them any bank info, employment info, or pay them in cash. Who's to say they won't pocket your money and still say you owe them. Pay them with a cashiers check, western union qc, moneygram, or a money order when & if the time comes. You should also prepare a DV letter for when they come a knockin. If you are not in the market to make any big purchases soon like a house or car, I would watch my credit report until they post something. Sometimes dunning letters never make it to the correct address. Sit tight. Dealing with a CA is a game. First man to flinch usually loses. Read some of the posts about dealing with this company. I too have adult ADD & this credit stuff is causing OCD.

Starting Fico Feb 2011 EQ 570 TU 580 EX ?
May 2014 EQ 709 EX 684 TU discover 665

Closed on first home April 26, 2012!
Last app August 2, 2014. Gardening indefinitely!!!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.