Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encouragement

tag
Superman85
Regular Contributor

Encouragement

In January of 2014 I started my rebuilding journey, when I stumbled across the website while trying to find recommendations for which credit repair service I should use. Little did I know this site would completely change my life.

I was at a point where I was tired of renting and not having a home of my own. I grew up in a low income household where my parents completely ruined their credit and then as soon as I was 18 they started on mine. By the time I was finally able to get a little credit I burned myself because my parents never taught me how important credit was. They had a mindset that it was free money that didn’t necessarily had to be paid back.

I thought repairing my credit was something so far out of my reach. I wouldn’t even entertain the fact of ever owning a home at one point. It just seemed that all hope was lost with a credit score of 498, 12 collections, & 6 missed 30/90 day payments. After reading some posts on here thought I felt encouraged and thought why not, if they can, I can too. What do I have to lose?

Little by little I started chipping away at the collections by sending out letters and disputing with the agencies until I was able to get my score good enough for a Wells Fargo $300 secured credit card. After that I kept being persistent in my letter sending until I finally removed all collections within about 8 months. After about 3 months with my secured card I qualified for some un-secured cards. Within a little over a year of starting my rebuild process I was able to purchase our first home. Something I thought would not happen for years. It all happened so fast though, I still can’t believe how far I’ve come with my credit and the opportunities it provided all in less than 2 years.

I won’t lie and say It didn’t come without some stress at times but man the wins were awesome when they came, and they will come. You just have to have the mindset that you won’t give up and the people on these forums are amazing at helping you along the way. YOU'RE NOT ALONE.

-Superman

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dallascowboyfan
Contributor

Re: Encouragement

Congratulations on reaching your journey and thanks for sharing your encouraging story.

Message 2 of 5
Blessedsoul01

This is truly encouraging. Congratulations to you!!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

This page had show me we can do it! Stories like yours gives me joy. 

Message 4 of 5
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your lifetime achievement award!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.