Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery - AT&T

tag
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Enhanced Recovery - AT&T

Hello,

I have a problem with one my collection account. (Enhanced Recovery Company)

It is a valid debt back in 2010, and haven't paid yet.

Currently, it is report to all 3 credit reporting agencies with a balance of $1100. 

I tried to log-in Transunion and submited a dispute and below information is received. 

Should I try to PFD method? or settle with less amount? or just leave alone until it falls off from my report? 

Also how about other credit reporting agencies? Should I try to dispute with them too? and leave alone? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery - AT&T

@jinmikesung wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with one my collection account. (Enhanced Recovery Company)

It is a valid debt back in 2010, and haven't paid yet.

Currently, it is report to all 3 credit reporting agencies with a balance of $1100. 

I tried to log-in Transunion and submited a dispute and below information is received. 

Should I try to PFD method? or settle with less amount? or just leave alone until it falls off from my report? 

Also how about other credit reporting agencies? Should I try to dispute with them too? and leave alone? 

ERC is stubborn when it comes to PFD and GW. I have been dealing with then for some time now for a $72 AT&T debt from 2009. I offered to PIF for a TL deletion and after 3 letters, no responses. Perhaps try contacting AT&T direct to see if you can settle with them in exchange for them pulling back the debt from ERC. ERC will have to delete the TL if AT&T recoups it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection with Enhanced Recovery that I've been paying on and then one day I realized the bill is in my husband's name but it's on MY credit. Needless to say I disputed this and they validated the account AND sent my outstanding payment back to me! I called them and they were nasty as all hell, even called me a liar! They haven't billed me in three months now but they validated on my credit report. I read someone else's situation on here about ER and I ended up calling the original creditor and they told me "they can't make payment arrangements with me BUT if I pay them directly then once it is PIF they will pull it back from ER and have it deleted from my report." Hope this helps you in your situation. Good luck.
Message 3 of 6
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Thank you for your input Casper.

Since it will falls off 2017, do you think is it better to settle with less amount and try EE?

Also what about other credit reporting agency? should I try to dispute with them as well?

Thank you

Message 4 of 6
jinmikesung
New Contributor

Thank you for your input Areall.

I will try to contact ERC and find out what they can offer me. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jinmikesung wrote:

Thank you for your input Casper.

Since it will falls off 2017, do you think is it better to settle with less amount and try EE?

Also what about other credit reporting agency? should I try to dispute with them as well?

Thank you

EE is typically successful when the debt is around 6 mths from dropping off. You have a way to go before asking for an EE. You might fair well with asking to settle for a lesser amount with AT&T. Before disputing with the CRA's do some research to see if there is leverage to support your dispute i.e. invalid info, wrong DOLA, etc.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.