Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery CA

tag
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Enhanced Recovery CA

I received a dunning letter from enhanced recovery this weekend and quickly called them. Never got a notice from the CRA's that I had a new collection.

I talked to a rep and she stated that they haven't reported to the CRA's and weren't going to until 7/22/12. She said that I had 10 days prior to 7/22/12 to pay the debt and they wouldn't report it. I quickly paid the massive $72 POS Sprint bill.... Confirmed with her about 30 times that this wouldn't be reported and that it would state this in the letter that they were sending to me.

My house is half way built and scores are all in the mid 600's. A new collection would kill me right now.

CROSSING my fingers that this rep was telling the truth. I even told her that my family would be homeless if this get's reported.

Looks like someone just pulled an LVNV and bought up some old debt.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery CA

I see no reason for them to do so, and doubt they will, but the fact is that they could.  They can report information after payment of the debt as long as their reporting is not knowingly inaccurate.

To put your mind a bit at lease, most debt collectors report as a collection practice.  With the debt paid, it would no longer serve a useful business purpose to them.

Additionally, in order to report accurately, they would simultaneously have to report their collection, and that the amount under collection is now $0, and that the collection is now closed.  Kinda silly.

Let us know what they do!

Message 2 of 3
rbtextreme
New Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery CA

Thanks for the response! I'll keep you guys posted. September closing can't come soon enough...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.