Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Collection RETURNED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery Collection RETURNED

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If the bill is not yours and you can show some kind of proof or evidence, then you may need to do a 623 Direct Dispute with Comcast.

What is 623?  Google time!

Google knows all.....

Message 11 of 14
ERoosky99
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ERoosky99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If the bill is not yours and you can show some kind of proof or evidence, then you may need to do a 623 Direct Dispute with Comcast.

What is 623?  Google time!

Google knows all.....

I am assuming this is it:

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/repair/disputingwithoriginalcreditor.shtml

Current FICOs: (11-02-15) EQ- 623 (628) / EX- 643 / TU- 679
Starting FICOs: (May 2014) Low to mid 500s (all 3 bureaus)
GOAL: As HIGH as possible! All 3 FICOs above 680/700 will be NICE!!!
Total Credit Limits- $104,120
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had nothing but problems with them and for a bill that's not even that high ($189), they will not BUDGE! Thankfully, they will be off my CR's in September 2015.

Message 13 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8) is unlikely to resolve the issue of account not mine.

The "problem" with filing a direct dispute under section 623(a)(8) is that the furnisher can verify without providing legal proof of the accuracy of their determination that you are the responsible party for the debt.  If they have adequate information to lead to a finding that you are the responsible party, they can verify the accuracy of their reporting.

They are not required to prove the legitimacy, or investigate any issue of identity theft as part of their verification.

Congress implemented the identity theft provisions of the FCRA to deal with the inherent problem in the FCRA dispute process when the consumer asserts they did not authorize an account, but the creditor has basis to conclude they did.

Under FCRA 605B, if the consumer puts their assertion into the form of a sworn police report, the information must be blocked from the consumer's credit report without any need of proofs by either the consumer or the creditor.  The creditor and any verification of accuracy is no longer a consideration as to continued showing of the account in the consumer's credit report.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.