Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Collection

I have an old T-Mobile bill for $476 dollars that just appeared on my credit report. I have disputed it from two previous collection agencies. Most recently, when asked for validation they sent me an old bill with the wrong address. I actually had T-Mobile up until about 8 months ago and had had no issues. Moving along, I have already asked ERC to provide validation and received nothing, yet it is still on my credit. Could someone offer me an idea of what to do? What sort of letter do I need to send now? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Enhanced Recovery Collection

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old T-Mobile bill for $476 dollars that just appeared on my credit report. I have disputed it from two previous collection agencies. Most recently, when asked for validation they sent me an old bill with the wrong address. I actually had T-Mobile up until about 8 months ago and had had no issues. Moving along, I have already asked ERC to provide validation and received nothing, yet it is still on my credit. Could someone offer me an idea of what to do? What sort of letter do I need to send now? Thanks! 

If you sent ERC a timely DV then there is nothing else you can do at the moment until the actually validate, there is no law forcing them to do so but they cannot take further collection actions until they do validate. They are not required to remove their reporting from the CRAs while waiting to validate. A cease cmmunication is placed on them with a timely DV so they wouldnt be able to respond to any further communications from you until the DV is satisfied

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.