Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Collections Problem

tag
Jerm
New Visitor

Enhanced Recovery Collections Problem

Hello, Im new to these forums and am having some trouble with a collection agency named Enhance Recovery. I recently began trying to rebuild my credit after a few years of letting it go. I ordered my credit scores and reports and noticed I have a collection from Enhance on a Time Warner Cable bill and the date it had on my report is March of 2012. The problem I have is I havent had Time Warner since 2007. I called Time Warner and they said the most recent account they have of mine is 2007 but they also say they have no information on the account. So Enhance put a date of March 2012 on my credit report instead of 2007. The collection item in my report should come off sometime next year but since they put 2012 it wont come off until 2019? Basically I tried to get into contact with Time Warner so I could get a copy of the deliquent bill/notice  so that I can dispute the date of the collection on my report but they say they dont have any information on the collection...what can I do to get this incorrectly dated info off my report? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery Collections Problem

@Jerm wrote:

Hello, Im new to these forums and am having some trouble with a collection agency named Enhance Recovery. I recently began trying to rebuild my credit after a few years of letting it go. I ordered my credit scores and reports and noticed I have a collection from Enhance on a Time Warner Cable bill and the date it had on my report is March of 2012. The problem I have is I havent had Time Warner since 2007. I called Time Warner and they said the most recent account they have of mine is 2007 but they also say they have no information on the account. So Enhance put a date of March 2012 on my credit report instead of 2007. The collection item in my report should come off sometime next year but since they put 2012 it wont come off until 2019? Basically I tried to get into contact with Time Warner so I could get a copy of the deliquent bill/notice  so that I can dispute the date of the collection on my report but they say they dont have any information on the collection...what can I do to get this incorrectly dated info off my report? 

The account could be listed as 'new' to enhanced recovery as of March 2012, but if the original debt was 2007 that is the important date foe exclusionary purposes... 

You do not know yet if it is incorrectly dated, there could be nothing wrong with this listing.  Cable companies seem to always have 'trouble' pulling the listing from their old records. As stated before, just because the listing date is 2012 does not mean thats the delinquency date. Honestly, and you don't need to snow anyone here, we;re all friends Smiley Happy BUT is this debt yours? Possible? No way??

Where did you get your reports? Did you pull them from annualcreditreport.com or did you buy it?

I would send a DV letter to Enhanced.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
ruger33
New Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery Collections Problem

@rckstrscott wrote:

...I would send a DV letter to Enhanced.

-scott

+1  

Enhanced was easy to work with for me

Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.