Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery / Comcast

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery / Comcast

Hi yall...the next baddie I decided to work on is this little baby from Enhanced Recovery for $97 and the OC is Comcast. My ideal scenario is a PIF directly to Comcast after they recall the account. I don't even want to contact the CA because they have an old sprint account too which is worth a LOT more and I'm not ready to tackle that one yet. So I dont want to call the collection agency and be forced to update my information or poke the bear with them or anything! The DOFD for the Sprint account on my free annual credit report shows 5/2011, and for the Comcast account it's 8/2011. I'm a few months from being outside the SOL for that sprint one, so I'm wondering if I should leave the Comcast one alone until June. I'm not sure if Enhanced even has these accounts anymore, they havent updated the TL since November 2014. On an Experian report it shows CO under August 2013, and then ND for every month (Sept2013 - Oct 2014), and then CO again under Nov 2014. Advice or ideas?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery / Comcast

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi yall...the next baddie I decided to work on is this little baby from Enhanced Recovery for $97 and the OC is Comcast. My ideal scenario is a PIF directly to Comcast after they recall the account. I don't even want to contact the CA because they have an old sprint account too which is worth a LOT more and I'm not ready to tackle that one yet. So I dont want to call the collection agency and be forced to update my information or poke the bear with them or anything! The DOFD for the Sprint account on my free annual credit report shows 5/2011, and for the Comcast account it's 8/2011. I'm a few months from being outside the SOL for that sprint one, so I'm wondering if I should leave the Comcast one alone until June. I'm not sure if Enhanced even has these accounts anymore, they havent updated the TL since November 2014. On an Experian report it shows CO under August 2013, and then ND for every month (Sept2013 - Oct 2014), and then CO again under Nov 2014. Advice or ideas?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Is that Comcast reporting it, or is that ERC reporting it?

Does it show the unpaid balance or is the balance $0?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy 

both are from ERC...neither of the OCs are anywhere on my reports, they just havent been updated since november. both show a balance still

Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy 

both are from ERC...neither of the OCs are anywhere on my reports, they just havent been updated since november. both show a balance still

I would advise you contact the OC see if they will recall the CA in exchange for full payment if they will problem solved if they wont I would let the whole thing sit until the bigger item is past SOL if you dont have the money to settle it as well.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next question - What is the CA's reported "opened" date for each account?

Message 5 of 13
hairguyry
Established Member

If you choose to try and pay it, I'd try to find the right contact to help you. You can do this via these boards or many other outlets. I used LinkedIn to get a good contact for a DIRECTV collection that I had through ERC. ERC was a nightmare to try and get them to help me remove the item and DIRECTV was more than willing to work with me. They terminated the collection authority with ERC and had me pay. Once that was done, they contacted ERC to have them remove the TL. I was fortunate, but it is very possible to find who you need

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy 

I would advise you contact the OC see if they will recall the CA in exchange for full payment if they will problem solved if they wont I would let the whole thing sit until the bigger item is past SOL if you dont have the money to settle it as well.

that was my initial idea i just wonder if the account being called back would spark anything with ERC looking into the other account. i guess there's really no way to know

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Next question - What is the CA's reported "opened" date for each account?

the comcast account shows august 2013 & the sprint one shows july 2013

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairguyry wrote:

If you choose to try and pay it, I'd try to find the right contact to help you. You can do this via these boards or many other outlets. I used LinkedIn to get a good contact for a DIRECTV collection that I had through ERC. ERC was a nightmare to try and get them to help me remove the item and DIRECTV was more than willing to work with me. They terminated the collection authority with ERC and had me pay. Once that was done, they contacted ERC to have them remove the TL. I was fortunate, but it is very possible to find who you need

i think i have my work cut out for me...it seems like comcast is difficult to work with as well from what i read. i was searching today for a contact and i saw a corporate # which people seemed to have some success with so i guess when i decide to jump, that might be the first route i take

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump..any other perspectives?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.