Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Company SUCCESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Company SUCCESS

Hey,

So I got a notification from the CA's to say a collections account has been added, I was shocked and pissed at the same time as i didnt owe anyone. I tried to call ERC and ask questions about the debt while clearly stating that i didnt accept or recognise the debt. They were very rude and didnt want to andwer questions so i did some googling and found some people have had some success with just disputing these entries.

I checked the SoL on cell phone debt and its 2 years and I saw somewhere that ERC lost its reporting priviliges somewhere so i disputed these on all 3 CA's and guess what.....

Experian- 3 Hours later DELETED

Equifax- 24 hours later DELETED

TransUnion- 48 Hours later DELETED

All i did was select 'I do not recognise this debt'

Easy as that!

I hope this thread helps

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced Recovery Company SUCCESS

I did the same thing few weeks ago with them. I disputed wrong balance and in a week it was deleted on all 3 CB. The real debate is now will they sell it and come back with a different CA. I'm trying be positive here but my guts tells me might not be tomorrow might not be next month but surely it will be back. Lol guess that's not to positive.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have on from them that I paid   I should try and dispute mine too...Stupid comcast bill for $114 went straight to collectons.  Its my only collection on my credit.  Its worth a try to get it off.  Man I really hate comcast for not emailing or calling me first.   wish me luck.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome sauce to You all getting ERC to delete!

Good luck Trent!

I have a collection with ERC for $899, but doubt it will get deleted!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

So I got a notification from the CA's to say a collections account has been added, I was shocked and pissed at the same time as i didnt owe anyone. I tried to call ERC and ask questions about the debt while clearly stating that i didnt accept or recognise the debt. They were very rude and didnt want to andwer questions so i did some googling and found some people have had some success with just disputing these entries.

I checked the SoL on cell phone debt and its 2 years and I saw somewhere that ERC lost its reporting priviliges somewhere so i disputed these on all 3 CA's and guess what.....

Easy as that!

I hope this thread helps

I got an alert this morning for a new collection added to my Equifax. I nearly hit the roof. My score dropped 44 points. I've already submitted my online dispute. I have no idea where this came from. I will keep you posted. Thank you so much for sharing this. 

Message 5 of 15
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Interesting, I have a collection from them its been paid now for several years, but I may have to dispute it to have it removed at this point if what you stated is correct.  About to look into it now!  But either way good job staying on top of your CR!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all, 

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I have a mark on my credit report from Enhanced Recovery Company. I'm disputing it via CreditKarma for TransUnion, but I'm having some trouble disputing it with the other two agencies. On my credit report, my account # from Enhanced Recovery Company is partially blanked out... Equifax for example asks for that account number to proceed with the dispute. Is there a way around that? 

Also, if anyone is familiar with the Equifax dispute system in particular... I guess I somehow got some questions wrong when it was asking the multiple choice questions about past credit cards etc to verify my identity. Now I can only use their Web Mail Online Dispute Research Request Form instead of whatever other option I would've had if I had gotten the verification questions correct. This is where they are asking for the account number from Enhanced Recovery Company. The account number is a required field while the name of the company is not! Anyway, while filling out this form I have a list of options under Verify Current Account Information. Is "not mine" the option I need here? Also the form asks for an optional Consumer Statement at the bottom. Is there anything I need to say there? 

Thank you for all the help!

Message 7 of 15
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

You might want to call in to Equifax dispute and do it over the phone, also I'm not sure how often their system resets, but I put in incorrect info for my mother one time and it said I would have mail my request.  But I waited couple of days...got the new questions right and was able to login.

Message 8 of 15
chubbs3
New Contributor

I had the same exact problem, you only get the last 4 digits and can't submit the automated dispute. I reached a human for a phone dispute by calling this number. 800 203 7843. I've got 6 or 7 more entries to deal with but only disputed the ERC report, the rest will be by mail. It would be nice to get a freebie right off the bat.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

Easy as that!

I hope this thread helps

Can you clarify "I checked the SoL on cell phone debt and its 2 years and I saw somewhere that ERC lost its reporting priviliges..."?

I also found out that ERC is reported on 12/2016 an outstanding cellphone bill from AT&T and it's dropping my credit score (as I recently relayedon a separate topic in this forum). I'm debating whether I should just pay it or if there's another way around it. SO reading that there are Statue of Limitations regarding cell phone debt, I'm very curious. Thanks!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.