Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Company/Sprint

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Company/Sprint

I recently paid ERC a discounted settlement $345 for an old Sprint account, originally $575. I called Sprint to see if they would GW delete the account and they said I still owed them the remaining $230, but they said they received the payment from ERC. Can I get still get this deleted off my credit report, both Sprint and ERC, if I offer the remaining balance (PFD) solely to Sprint?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Enhanced Recovery Company/Sprint

@Anonymous wrote:
I recently paid ERC a discounted settlement $345 for an old Sprint account, originally $575. I called Sprint to see if they would GW delete the account and they said I still owed them the remaining $230, but they said they received the payment from ERC. Can I get still get this deleted off my credit report, both Sprint and ERC, if I offer the remaining balance (PFD) solely to Sprint?

Welcome to My fico Smiley Happy

Each creditor is responsible for their own tradelines if you got a PFD with the CA it doesnt mean that Sprint is going to remove their TL. If you want to negotiate with Sprint for removal of their TL I dont see anything wrong with it, OCs dont tend to delete TLs but try anyway

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/td-p/2031275

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Example-Letter/td-p/4519

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is a disconnect with the creditor.

If they still owned the debt, then the debt collector was their agent, authorized to collect on their behalf.

If the debt collector agreed that your payment was settlement of the debt, then you no longer owe the creditor anything.  They, thru their authorized agent, accepted settlement of the debt.

The creditor is required to update their account to show $0 debt remaining.

There is no debt upon which to make them a PFD offer.

Without an agreement prior to your payment, then there is no obligation for either the creditor or debt collector to dellete their reportings.

Deletion would be pursued by way of goodwill requests addressed to each.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got finished getting ERC deleted from my credit by just paying Sprint in full and ERC was gone off my reports in a week. Sprint most likely still owned the debt. Now that you paid ERC they more than likey won't delete..only update as paid in full. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I paid ERC, I called Sprint and they said I still owed the remaining $230, but my report does reflect a 0 balance, so I was wondering if I could pay that additional 230 to Sprint for the deletion of both? Could Sprint recall the debt? Because the Sprint Rep said that they did receive my payment 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

After I paid ERC, I called Sprint and they said I still owed the remaining $230, but my report does reflect a 0 balance, so I was wondering if I could pay that additional 230 to Sprint for the deletion of both? Could Sprint recall the debt? Because the Sprint Rep said that they did receive my payment 

Since you paid ERC it's totally up to ERC if they want to delete. I heard they don't do PFD..only will update as paid in full. That's why I paid Sprint first. It seems Sprint is still willing to accept the remaining balance.. so that shows they still owned the debt. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.