Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Company

tag
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Enhanced Recovery Company

Where can you find out if a collection agency can legally collect in your state.  I am in Missouri and someone told me they do not have a license to do business in MO.  I don't want to just take someones word but I have done some research and can't find the answer and I'm just not sure where else to look.

Thanks for the help!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery Company

Anyone have an idea?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out your state's Attorney General and Secretary of State websites. They will give you direct info of SOL and any surety bonds or info on what is needed by the collection agencys.

Message 3 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Have you sent them a dv? Did they send you a dunning notice? If not file a complaint. They are already in hot water in Florida for violations.

http://www.flofr.com
Message 4 of 10
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Check out your state's Attorney General and Secretary of State websites. They will give you direct info of SOL and any surety bonds or info on what is needed by the collection agencys.

I will check that out.  Thanks for the advice.

Message 5 of 10
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Have you sent them a dv? Did they send you a dunning notice? If not file a complaint. They are already in hot water in Florida for violations.

http://www.flofr.com

The problem is I have already paid them for 2 collections.  I paid them before I started doing research on myfico.  I had 2 small collections with them.  One for $34 and one for $150.  I knew they were mine so I didn't look into the company before I paid them.  I have been trying goodwill emails and letters to get these removed and have had no luck.  So since I have heard they were in a lot of trouble I wanted to try to find a different way to have these removed!!  Besides a paid judgement these are my last 2 baddies and I would love to have them removed before 2019.  Thanks for the advice.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome and good luck!

Message 7 of 10
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  I did take a look at the business licenses on Missouri Secrectary of States website and they are not listed.  Do you know if they have to have a license in each state they collect in?  I just don't want to send them an email or letter stating they need to remove their collections from my credit report and hurt any future goodwill I may be able to receive. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this on the Missouri Division of Finance Website.

Debt collection agencies: Are they licensed in Missouri?

Missouri does not regulate collection agencies; however, these companies do need to comply with the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Further information can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's Web site.

they would need to have validated the debt per ftc guidelines. Do a BBB search for the state the CO is in and see what all they are in trouble for. they may be willing to do a PFD but get it in writing on their letterhead.

Message 9 of 10
bkelly906
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Found this on the Missouri Division of Finance Website.

Debt collection agencies: Are they licensed in Missouri?

Missouri does not regulate collection agencies; however, these companies do need to comply with the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Further information can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's Web site.

they would need to have validated the debt per ftc guidelines. Do a BBB search for the state the CO is in and see what all they are in trouble for. they may be willing to do a PFD but get it in writing on their letterhead.

Unfortunately it is already paid.  I just want these off my reports and I am getting nowhere with goodwills.  I guess I will just have to keep trying though!!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.