Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Debt

tag
kaspinks
Established Member

Re: Enhanced Recovery Debt

I have sent 3 GW letters to Enhanced Recovery over the last several weeks and have not received a reply nor has it been deleted from my report. I only wish i had found this forum before i paid it.

Message 11 of 16
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@maelstromB wrote:

So I violated probably one of the golden rules of sharing an apartment with a roommate, and that was allowing my name to be the only name on our Comcast account several years back when him and I first moved in together. Needless to say, I moved out first into my own place and then he moved out a couple of months later, only never returned the modem and "forgot" to pay the last two months of the cable internet bill like he stated he would, and which I, foolishly, had believed he would. I know, stupid me.

Anyways, since then the account was passed to Enhanced Recovery in the amount of $121 (principal)/$151 w/ added fee. Due to this, there is a collection trade line on my CR that I would like to have removed (if I can help it) and I would like to get this negative account taken care of already.

So my question: How do I proceed with this collection and get what I want? Should I pay the amount in full or try to settle with them in some way?

Any advice would be appreciated and thanks in advance! 

I had Enhanced Recovery on my credit report for Comcast as well. I simply sent a DV  via CMRRR to Enhanced, and it went away. If they validated, I would have sent a PFD. So I'd probably recommend the same action plan for you.

1. Send DV to Enhanced Recovery

If they remove, done. If not..

2. Send PFD to Enhanced Recovery (given you can afford it). Your choice if you want to offer full amount (with fee), original principle amount, or settlement amount. Of course they might be more willing the higher the amount. Also might be more or less willing if it is within SOL. Really only you can decide what's best.

If they agree, get it in writing before sending certified funds. If not..

3. Pay them off anyway and non-stop GW letters until they cave or it reaches it's natural demise on your CR which is around 7 years. 

This was my action plan, I got lucky they removed after the DV.

Message 12 of 16
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Update - I never received a response to my DV, so I never did find out what it was for.  However, it dropped from both my cr's.  I still have not received a call or anything from them.  Weird.  Just glad it is gone! Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 16
maelstromB

Congrats on that great news! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 16
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I DV'd and disputed it and mine fell off with no contact as well

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
Steelersfan904
Regular Contributor

I did the same thing and its off my credit reports also. I actually went and hand delivered the mail also

Starting Score: 502 5/4/2012
Current Score: 640 08/03/2012
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.