Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Dunning/Settlement Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Dunning/Settlement Letter

I received a ERC dunning letter an d need advice on how to proceed. Sprint is the oc and the balance owed is $300. ERC has offered a settlement amount out $200.

As of today this account is not being reported to any of the CB's.

My question is will ERC report this to the CB even if I pay the settlement amount, or should I pay the OC (Sprint) right now to possibly avoid having it report to the CB?

Any advice or info on past experience with these companies is appreciated!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery Dunning/Settlement Letter

First option. Call Sprint and ask if they still own the account or sold it, if they still own it ask if there willing to retract the debt from Enhanced Recovery and pay them directly. 

Second Option. Call or mail Enhanced Recovery a response to there letter asking if there willing to trade a full balance for not reporting at all.

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree wiht LShawn.

Paying the OC while the debt collector still has active collection authority will not prevent the debt collector from still reporting their collection.

The OC has no authority to prevent the debt collector from reporting.

If you convince the OC to first terminate their assignment to the debt collector, then termination of collection authority then puts into play the CRa policy that the debt collector delete any reported collection, which also precludes reporting of the collection.

I would take the more direct route of making a  pay for not reporting offer to the debt collector, which precludes any need to convince the OC to terminate their business decision to hire a debt collector.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whew, that was easy! 

Thank you both for your advice!!!  I just got off the phone with ERC and they agreed to not report it to the CB as long as I paid the settlement amount before the reporting date which is on or after the 16th of the month. I just went ahead paid it.

They also agreed to email me a paid in full/Settled letter within the next 3 business days for my records.

Thanks again!

Message 4 of 5
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Whoo! Nice job, always best to be quick with your response.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.