Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery Group Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced Recovery Group Collections

Hey everyone! I have been rebuilding my credit for over a year aand have learned an incredible amount of information here. I had a question in regards to Enhanced Recovery Collection recently showed up on all my reports fo $90 showing from At&T. I did researdch on here and most of it said they no longer can report to the credit bureaus, is this true? Are they allowed to report now? Also, on my report it looks like they re aged it because it says opened Nov 2016 when I believe this happened in 2012 over equipment not turned in, even thoigh i did turn it in. What should be course of action? Should I verify debt, or straight to a dispute my mail? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery Group Collections

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone! I have been rebuilding my credit for over a year aand have learned an incredible amount of information here. I had a question in regards to Enhanced Recovery Collection recently showed up on all my reports fo $90 showing from At&T. I did researdch on here and most of it said they no longer can report to the credit bureaus, is this true? Are they allowed to report now? Also, on my report it looks like they re aged it because it says opened Nov 2016 when I believe this happened in 2012 over equipment not turned in, even thoigh i did turn it in. What should be course of action? Should I verify debt, or straight to a dispute my mail? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

The open date, is the date the collection was opened against you. You should also verify with AT&T that they dont have an balance against you. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are definitely still reporting to mine and were not removed after dispute, so I don't know how true that is, unfortunately. Sorry that doesn't help with the rest of your post, just throwing that out there. 😕
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just wondering if anybody was experiencing the same thing. I have read a few post of At&T collections showing up this past month. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an att bill from them too. I sent in for a debt validation. I know I paid att off when I left. I've tried to contact them to no avail.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was it temporarily removed and showed up again? 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this forum, and I have a situation very similar to yours (same collection agency, same company, similar amount). How did this get resolved? Thanks!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had a collection with them from at&t back in January. I disputed wrong balance and it was deleted on all 3 CBA in 1 week. It is now may and would no be surprised if it reappears from another CA. Of course I'm hoping it stays off. We will see
Message 8 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Enhanced Recovery Company certainly has had their brushes with the FTC and also had a recent class action suit brought against them in New York, but I have seen nothing that currently bars them from reporting to the CRAs.

I would not dispute based on a reported Open date of their collection.

The Open date reported by a debt collector is the date they obtained collection authority, and is different from the Open date of the OC account upon which the debt is based.

The Open date of a collection has no substantive impact other than it affixes that the DOFD must be earlier than that date by definition.

The DOFD, and the DOFD alone, determines credit report exclusion of a collection.

Message 9 of 13
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

I've seen people on here mention ERC is unable to report to CRAs, but I have not found any real indication that that is true.  If you have the opportunity to pay the balance or settle with AT&T directly, do that!  Of course that is if you are unable to straighten out the equipment thing (since you did actually turn it in).

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.