Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery PFD

tag
umeed110
Established Member

Enhanced Recovery PFD

My brother had a cell phone under my name and when he switched to another company he never told me and left a balance that is now in collections. I just found out about it 1 week ago, it is with Enhanced Recovery and my FICO score just dropped almost 150 points due to it. I had a 610 and it is now 467. Should I offer them a PFD? Do they even do PFD or should I just pay it off and then keep on GW it or disputing it and hope they don't respond and it will drop off that way?

3/19/2014 ----FICO Scores: EX: 466 EQ: 476 TU: 565
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery PFD

@umeed110 wrote:

My brother had a cell phone under my name and when he switched to another company he never told me and left a balance that is now in collections. I just found out about it 1 week ago, it is with Enhanced Recovery and my FICO score just dropped almost 150 points due to it. I had a 610 and it is now 467. Should I offer them a PFD? Do they even do PFD or should I just pay it off and then keep on GW it or disputing it and hope they don't respond and it will drop off that way?

Yup, try to PFD with them.  They may say "we don't offer that" but hey they also want to collect that money, too, use that against them and tell them you have nothing to lose and that your scores took a dive anyways...  I had to talk to a few different reps to get mine PFD, but i sure did get it done.  Best of luck. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 5
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

Actually, do a DV first then go for a PFD. It seems they don't put up a fight.  

Message 3 of 5
umeed110
Established Member

They refuse to do a PFD so I just PIF and now I am going to dispute it on my credit reports and hopefully they dont bother to respond because they have their money. I will keep you updated

3/19/2014 ----FICO Scores: EX: 466 EQ: 476 TU: 565
Message 4 of 5
elm84
Contributor

What happen with this did it remove?

Gardening what I got til Holiday Season 2014
Hoping for a couple 1k+ cards one day
Capital One Secured 300 | Capital One Platinum 300 | Discover It Secured 200 | First Premier 400 | Finger Hut 500 | Victoria Secret 350 | Express 250 |
Dream Cards | Discover It | Chase Sapphire - Slate - Freedom | Amex Everyday Card

Scores | Starting 09/2013 ~ 574 | Current ~ 600 | Goal ~ 720 |
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.