Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery and Sprint HELP!!

tag
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery and Sprint HELP!!

ERC can't do anything with the DV or GW.....They never received payment and they will tell you that straight out that he'll have to deal with Sprint to get it resolved.....Sprint had originally told me that I'd have to go to ERC to get it taken care of, and I had contacted ERC and they stated how could they when the payment wasn't made to them......Sprint will pull the account from them.....I guarantee if you call Sprint tomorrow and ask if the account has been pulled back the answer you'll get is yes it was pulled back.

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@novabama wrote:

Hi OP. I wouldn't rile up ERC too much... I also had an old sprint bill with them. I didn't really know where to start and I didn't want to call sprint. I sent them an email with a DV letter. They DID respond that it would be listed as investigation in process on my CRs while they got the info to validate. All of a sudden about a week later it was off all of my reports. This was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since then.

If it were me in the situation I'd probably send ERC a DV now that it's paid. Then I'd give it a couple weeks and see if they respond and/or if it drops off your reports. If not, then I would suggest GWing it till it's gone. I don't think you'll have too much trouble as long as you STAY OFF the phone!!! Smiley Wink

I appreciate the advice, but it seems that YOU didn't actually pay what you owed unlike me. I spent my hard earned money ($574) and I would hope to not have to play games with these people.  I don't think that I should have to mess with the CA since they never received any of my money nor did I ever truly owe it to them.

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@acrylic51 wrote:

ERC can't do anything with the DV or GW.....They never received payment and they will tell you that straight out that he'll have to deal with Sprint to get it resolved.....Sprint had originally told me that I'd have to go to ERC to get it taken care of, and I had contacted ERC and they stated how could they when the payment wasn't made to them......Sprint will pull the account from them.....I guarantee if you call Sprint tomorrow and ask if the account has been pulled back the answer you'll get is yes it was pulled back.

I hope you are right, I just don't understand why Sprint would give me the run-around AFTER I PIF...

Message 13 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

It seems part of the territory to me......Everyone wants the money, but no one wants to commit it on paper......I think they are worried that people will go running to the CRA stating they are doing "whatever" so it's policy not to put it in writing......I even pressured a supervisor at Sprint......Like I said I can get a bit impatient and I called back on that Saturday morning, since I made the payment friday night about 9pm and they guy I talked to at Sprint said they can't put it in writing, but assured me it would be deleted.  He came flat out and said you'll never get it in writing, but like I said they did send a pretty letter in the mail to back up their actions.

Message 14 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@acrylic51 wrote:

I hope you are right, I just don't understand why Sprint would give me the run-around after paying...

Will sound poorly on my part, but they don't care they got what they were after......You, me and everyone else just another fish in the pond!!!!!

Message 15 of 30
novabama
Frequent Contributor

You are right NO I did not pay it... but not because I didn't plan to. I planned to DV and then PFD. The amount was 588, so I sure hope you are not implying anything in regards to one's morals to a single mother who knows a little something about hard earned money. I was simply trying to help considering it seemed you just want it removed off your credit. Good luck anyhow.

Message 16 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Sorry Nova didn't mean or attempt to step on your toes.......Trust me I was a single dad raising a daughter on my own so I know that situation.......ERC I've tried the DV and PFD......NO GO.....That's why I went straight to top which is Sprint......Sprint doesn't sell the accounts to ERC, so you can deal with them directly.....why deal with a middleman......

Message 17 of 30
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@acrylic51 wrote:

Sorry Nova didn't mean or attempt to step on your toes.......Trust me I was a single dad raising a daughter on my own so I know that situation.......ERC I've tried the DV and PFD......NO GO.....That's why I went straight to top which is Sprint......Sprint doesn't sell the accounts to ERC, so you can deal with them directly.....why deal with a middleman......

No worries. I understand where you were coming from. What I was trying to get across to the OP was that since he got nothing in writing from the OC that they don't have to do anything (like you said as well) and that if they won't do anything and say it's out of their hands.. that he could DV the CA.. which would take maybe 5 minutes to send an email.. and that it wouldn't hurt to try. Because isn't that the reason we are all here??? To get the baddies off of our report? I think so...

Message 18 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

I think that's why I loose my "control" at times with people on the phone....it takes a simple 2 minute email or click of a button to "make it happen" and they are to busy.....All we want is peace of mind that everything is "good".....Heck I did a PFD back in July and finally got a letter from the attorney's office which was handling the collection that the account was PIF and they would be deleting.....It had been of my CR the 2nd week in August........

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nova I didn't mean to piss you off, I was simply making a point.   I was trying to imply that since I actually PFD to Sprint, and they told me on the phone that it would be taken care of within 24 hours, that I shouldn't have to deal with all the nonsense of playing games and pleading.  I can understand your situation and if I had not paid them in full then I might feel the need to ask for them to forgive me.  Please forgive me for sounding rude in my reply to you, I will try to word my replies more carefully from now on.

acrylic, you did not step on anyone's toes, you are both giving sound advice from your own separate experiences. I appreciate the input that you have both given as you have BOTH taken time out of your evening to help someone out. 

I  sincerely thank you both!

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.