Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Recovery and Sprint HELP!!

tag
novabama
Frequent Contributor

Re: Enhanced Recovery and Sprint HELP!!

I completely agree. I usually have to hang up mid call if I attempt to deal with a CA or sometimes even an OC on the phone just so I don't lose my cool because they LOVE to give you the run around! And I am not one to lose my cool easily in general lol.

Message 21 of 30
novabama
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Nova I didn't mean to piss you off, I was simply making a point.   I was trying to imply that since I actually PFD to Sprint, and they told me on the phone that it would be taken care of within 24 hours, that I shouldn't have to deal with all the nonsense of playing games and pleading.  I can understand your situation and if I had not paid them in full then I might feel the need to ask for them to forgive me.  Please forgive me for sounding rude in my reply to you, I will try to word my replies more carefully from now on.

acrylic, you did not step on anyone's toes, you are both giving sound advice from your own separate experiences. I appreciate the input that you have both given as you have BOTH taken time out of your evening to help someone out. 

I  sincerely thank you both!

No problem... I just don't respond to posts unless I sincerely feel I have info that can help with something that hasn't already been stated! I understand that you expect that sprint would hold up their end of the verbal bargain.... and I completely agree that it's bogus if they don't pull it back from the CA... but let's be honest, an original creditor is STILL a creditor none the less and they will be sheisty to get their money! And they don't care what happens after they get it. That's why all over the board is paper trail everything ya know? Anyway I hope they do pull it off but if not... it should be fairly easy to get rid of it with a quick DV or GW to the CA. GL.

Message 22 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

I just reread your OP and it appears you just paid the account today......I would say them telling you it'll be off in 24hrs might be a bit of BS.......I do know that when the payment clears that's when the account is actually pulled back.....And we all know the CRA don't work that fast......

Starting Score: 7/12 545 EX (PSECU)
Current Score: 689 EX (PSECU) / EQ 697 / TU 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@acrylic51 wrote:

I just reread your OP and it appears you just paid the account today......I would say them telling you it'll be off in 24hrs might be a bit of BS.......I do know that when the payment clears that's when the account is actually pulled back.....And we all know the CRA don't work that fast......

If it isn't pulled back the I guess I will follow these guidelines...I found that on another site and it seems to be legit...

it's a FCRA violation if they report it as paid collection.

I"ve been over this a half dozen times.

Ya'll need to read the FCRA - section 623 dutes of furnishers to report accurate information.

and the FDCPA section 807(8) on reporting false credit information.

(8) Communicating or threatening to communicate to any person credit information which is known or which should be known to be false

Also, the CDIA manual states that "Collection accounts that have been closed and returned to the Original creditor must be deleted "

which means if the CA wasn't successful in collecting any money, and the OC has recalled the account the account must be deleted.

( consumer data industry association ) the CDIA maunal is the reporting guide book for all three CRA's on the Metro reporting format and E Oscar.

So, you send and ITS letter ( intent to sue. ) if they do report it as a paid collection -

if written correctly, and concisely, it always works. ( worked for me. too! )

you have to dispute it thru the CRA's first, and attach a reciept from the OC to prove that it was not paid to the CA.

if the collection is not removed, you send an ITS letter to the CA. keep it short an concise, like you were coached by a lawyer ( and I'm not... )

Dear CA,

Your Firm is reporting the following accounts as a "Paid collection "

(list out the accounts)

These accounts have been paid to (original creditor name ) and I have reciepts from ( OC Name ) proving that the accounts have been paid in full

I have disputed your firms reporting of these accounts with ( CRA's names, ) with Reciepts showing payment, and your company has verified this false information.

Collection accounts that are closed and returned to the original creditors are to be deleted from the Credit reporting agencies, as these accounts are no longer in collection.

Furthermore, if the accounts were paid to the Original creditor, the collection agency can not report these as 'Paid collection' accounts, since no payments were proccessed or paid to the collection agency.

Your verifcation of the accounts as a " Paid Collection " is a violation of the FDCPA and FCRA, Specifically;

FDCPA violations;

15 USC 1692e(8) providing false information to credit reporting agencies

FCRA violations;

15 U.S.C. § 1681i duties of furnishers to provide accurate information.

15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2 - failure to provide accurate information, failure to correct reporting.

if your firm does not delete the collection accounts, I will turn this matter over to an attorney for review and legal action in federal court. with additional counts as follows.

15 U.S.C. § 1681n Civil liability for willful noncompliance
15 U.S.C. § 1681o Civil liability for negligent noncompliance

Please note that statutory damages awarded under FCRA violations are culmative , and compensation for actual damages are seperate.

Your False reporting is may cost me ( rate increase on mortgage or insurance, denied credit, etc, etc. ) ; hence, if actual damages are awarded, these may prove to be very expensive for your firm........

Your Firm has 5 days from the date of the letter to delete these accounts with the CRA's, and don't tell me it can't be done in that time frame

Sincerely,

_____________________.

Message 24 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder..  Let's all play nice!  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Any updates....

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@acrylic51 wrote:

Any updates....

Yes, you were right.  The account was reclaimed by Sprint and then PIF.  The CA says that I should now send them a fax asking for them to delete it off of my report.  I asked them it would definitely be deleted off of my account rather than just marked as "PAID" and they confirmed that it would be deleted.  I wish that they could just go ahead and delete it today since they already have the information!  I really don't feel like faxing them a letter stating, "My account was reclaimed by the original creditor and was paid in full to them. Please remove this account from my credit report."

Message 27 of 30
acrylic51
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!!!! Good deal.

Message 28 of 30
2purpose21

When did you pay Sprint? Was this recently? Is there a way you can send the letter you used? Thanks!

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I payed them about three months ago.  I called sprint to make sure that they would retrieve the account from the collector and got them to guarantee it.  Since I payed sprint and not the collector then the collector was not allowed to put that they were payed in full on my credit report.    I also sent Enhanced Recovery disputing the account saying that they no longer owned it since I payed sprint.  After that I disputed the account on all three of the reporting agencies, waited a couple of weeks and it dropped off of my credit reports. I now have over $10,000 in credit through 5 different cards. I just recently got a Macbook Pro Retina 15" on a Best Buy card w/ 18 months zero interest! My life has certainly changed now that I cleared things up! I even got a Wells Fargo secured visa to graduate to an unsecured!! Do your research and go about things properly and you will be very pleased with the outcome.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.