Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced recovery/Tmobile

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Enhanced recovery/Tmobile

I am paying a collection I have with t-mobile/enhanced recovery.. I want to know if anyone has had any luck with PFD with them? Or if anyone has any contact info they could pm me they've had success with? Thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Enhanced recovery/Tmobile

In reading past threads it doesn't look good for a PFD with them. They apparently will report a PIF and send you a letter but the account stays on.  

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In reading past threads it doesn't look good for a PFD with them. They apparently will report a PIF and send you a letter but the account stays on.  

Ugh. I don't even know how I owe them anything. It's $200 that it says I owe and I had the phone for like a week and returned it/canceled my service. They gave 30 days to get out of the contract so I have no clue what the $200 is for. But I want it off my credit so I was willing to pay it.

Message 3 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would dispute the asserted debt, providing a copy of the contract stating that you have 30 days to cancel along with proof of date it was returned.

A dispute must be resolved within 30ísh days, so it wont drag things out by any significant period, and may result in deletion of their collection.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case a dispute of some sort is in order.  They will have to investigate and T Mobile will have to provide verification of the debt.  I'm certainly not an expert on the whole process but we have several posters here that can give you excellent advice on how to proceed.  I had an interaction recently with ERC but I was fortunate that the original debt collector who had placed in on my report deleted it from all 3 bureaus when I sent them a PFD letter. However just as I was about to and then the money, DirecTv decided to send the collection to ERC.  They sent me a collection notice and I called them in time to pay them in full and they assured me (recorded) that they wouldn't end it to the bureaus as a paid collection.  That was a month ago and nothing has appeared on my reports so I assume they are keeping their word.

I wouldn't pay ERC or even call them until so get some further advice about how to proceed.

Well I see as I was typing this RibertEG responded which I hoped he would.  Definitely follow his advice.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

I would dispute the asserted debt, providing a copy of the contract stating that you have 30 days to cancel along with proof of date it was returned.

A dispute must be resolved within 30ísh days, so it wont drag things out by any significant period, and may result in deletion of their collection.

I don't have a copy of the contract, it's been quite a few years. Like 4-5 years. But all cell phone providers give the opportunity to get out of your contract within 14-30 days, depends on the carrier. If I had broke the contract I would of been charged an early termination fee.. they're only charging me $200, I just have no idea what the $200 is for. Should I contact t mobile to ask? Would they be able to pull anything up since it's been so many years?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jade you should request a DV

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

HA, i've DV'd these backside orifices 3 x, and nothing, they say i owe tmobile 334 dollars, i've been a tmobile customer for 10 years, and still am, do you really think if i owed tmobile 334 dollars my phone would still work??

Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

HA, i've DV'd these backside orifices 3 x, and nothing, they say i owe tmobile 334 dollars, i've been a tmobile customer for 10 years, and still am, do you really think if i owed tmobile 334 dollars my phone would still work??

Call TM and see if you can work something out with them and get them to recall the collector. If TM has nothing on it then I would just file a CFPB complaint on the CA.

Message 9 of 10
bestchoiceglobal
Contributor

I mentioned in a previous post. That I had a collection with Enhanced Recovery. I called tmobile (no fancy number just their regular customer service number) and they said they'd only take full payment or else I had to deal with enhanced recovery. I paid in full and they said they'd notify enhanced recovery. I got lucky and it ended up being pulled off of all of my credit reports.

If you don't even owe them anything then that's a whole different story. Good luck on getting rid of that pesky collection!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.