Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced recovery please help

tag
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Enhanced recovery please help

I had a collections from Enhanced recovery show up on my credit report. I contacted them and they can not find my info in their system, they said that it would be removed but it is still there. I have contacted them a few times, and I get transfered around and around and no one can help me because they cant find me in the system, and I never had a comcast account,  they had me fax in a copy of the report and my drivers license and a letter telling them that it needs to be removed. How do I get ths taken off?  What should be my next steps?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: Enhanced recovery please help

Go to the credit reporting agency that shows the account and dispute it. If the creditor cant verify the debt within 30 days, it wil be removed from your credit reports.
Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

From your post, I gather that the OC never reported to the CRA, and you never had an account with the OC.

Now a debt colletor is seeking payment of the alleged debt.

First, when the debt collector sent you a dunning notice, did you DV them?  In response to a DV, they must "obtain" verification from the OC.

They apprently will not be able to do that.  However, unless you live in Texas,they can sit on your DV request and not respond.

So, the DV process is the first step, but to compel response, I would also dispute.

If you also dispute, I would not suggest disputing through the CRA.  I would file a direct dispute with the debt collector, bypassing the CRA, and ensuring all of your supporting documentation is received by the debt collector.

Message 3 of 5
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

I never received anything from them in th mail.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If directly disputing with the CA doesn't work then contact your states AG through phone certified mail or what have you.
Basically they bought a debt that had your name mistakenly or got switched with somebody else's either way if
its not yours its not yours. They don't have you in their records cool ... they don't have you in their records but
refuse to stop reporting you or delete not cool.

In fact it direct violation of one of the most basic rules of the FCRA... all information reported MUST be accurate.
You can sue if you chose to contact a consumer attorney willing to wait to be compensated until after the case
or you can front or representative yourself. Only can win up to 1000 however they also would have to pay
your lawyer fees.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.