Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eq score directly from equifax don't match lender. Fako or fico

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Eq score directly from equifax don't match lender. Fako or fico

Hello all. Just wondering. I applied for card about 10 days ago. 

Got denied.  Noticed that score I got from Equifax web site said  all month that my score is 659

however. Letter from lender says score is 701. What is going on here? I thought Equifax had fico not fako. 17 bucks a month for garbage? Any tell please where to get real fico.  42 point difference. Really. Can't even trust cra's

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Eq score directly from equifax don't match lender. Fako or fico

@taxi818 wrote:

Hello all. Just wondering. I applied for card about 10 days ago. 

Got denied.  Noticed that score I got from Equifax web site said  all month that my score is 659

however. Letter from lender says score is 701. What is going on here? I thought Equifax had fico not fako. 17 bucks a month for garbage? Any tell please where to get real fico.  42 point difference. Really. Can't even trust cra's

Its a FAKO, says on their site "The Equifax credit score is based on an Equifax credit score model and is not the same as scores used by 3rd parties to assess your creditworthiness". You can only buy Ficos here at MyFico, all are Fico 08. There are some cards that you can get that will give you a free Fico every month

EX: FNBO, PSECU if you live in PA

TU: Walmart, Discover Financial

EQ: DCU

Message 2 of 15
kaylord84
Frequent Contributor

You have to Equifax score watch form their website to get your 04 eq

Starting Score: Eq 485 TU 467 Ex 400 BK filed Dec 2016
Current Score: Eq 723 TU 665 Ex 682
Goal Score: 700 All 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I thought everyone went to fico 08. Damn they just billed me yesterday. I will just cancel in couple weeks. Can't believe difference. Equifax says 659. Cap 1 says your Equifax fico 701. Unreal. I hope that is fico 08. Was only 12 days ago.
Message 4 of 15
Warrior2000
Regular Contributor

Sooo my lender pull was 635 on EXP on 6/2/14. I paid 19.99 for the score on the EXP website and as of 7/28/14 it said my score was 587. Today i got an update which said it went up from 587 to 644. Weird right?! I know 587 is a Fako, but can we assume that my Fico went up?
Message 5 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Possible. But I realize now. Don't buy from  cra's. Only trust what lender says. I hope my fico does 08 version now to get true ideal if going up or down. But I think as long as utilization is really low. And no lates or baddies. All will be good. 

Message 6 of 15
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

i have the equifax advantage service.  was 17 a month... once i found out it was a fako score i called to cancel, i got it for $7 monthly.   ive used it for about 4 months.   although their score is a fako, i do like being able to update my report when i want. and i get a text the instant something changes.     their score is 40+  points lower than my real fico though.  it goes up and down daily with no changes at all to my report.  i get a fico from walmart, barclay, discover and get all 3 every six months here at myfico.

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 7 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thank you great  ideal. But my score has not changed in 3 months on eq. It's 42 points lower. Yes. Walmart tu fico.  Need to know where to get experience fico next. How did you get for 7 bucks a month. 

Message 8 of 15
amber78
Contributor

Thanks for this thread.  My USAA Experian shows my Equifax at 658 and my actual Equifax subscription show it at a 540!  Crazy.. now Im hoping that Equifax is a FAKO.. makes me feel a bit better

PAST SCORES: Experian FAKO
511 (12/01/13), 591E(05/02/14), 628 (05/07/2014)
CURRENT SCORE: 658 (08/15/2014)
Filed CH7 04/2014 & Discharged 08/2014
Goal Score: 720
In my wallet: CapitalOne Plat. $700 (07/2014), Capitalone QuickSilver $2,000 (09/2014)
Message 9 of 15
taxi818
Super Contributor

Well I went to their site earlier. Did not see it before. They said not used by 3rd party lenders. So it's truly fako. But they will argue more more lenders using it. Yes 1/10 of 1 percent of lenders using it. No thanks. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.