Did you mean: 

Equifax 150 points up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax 150 points up

Hi,

I ditched my credit repair firm after visiting these forums

I have a EQ credit score of 590. I have the following negative things in my CR.

1) Progressive insurance 249$ - 18 months old. Handed over to Credit Coll.

I called Progressive CSR and asked if they still own the amount and can allow PIF to pull my account back from CA. CSR told me I can pay in full and they will update the CA after 5 business days. I asked them whether that will let CA update 0$ balance to CRA or remove the entry from the reports to CRA. The CSRs are unsure of that. I called CA i..,e Credit Coll and they told me that they will remove the entry after payment. I told them I need this information in written consent. What should I do ? Pay progressive the full amount or send a PFD to CA ?

Removed

2) 74$ Paid to CCB Jan 2104.

I already paid in full 10 months back for 74$ balance to the CA CCB and was promised that they will remove the entry but they just updated the reports with 0$ amount. What should I do ? GW to CCB ? Any luck with CCB here? Email Information is highly appreciated

Removed

3) Capital One

Reported two 60 day late payments(60 Days Late: January 2013, August 2013 ) and six 30 day late payment (30 Days Late: January 2014, May 2014, April 2013, July 2013, September 2012, December 2012 )

What should I do ? Any luck with late payments for CAP ? Any information like email, sample GW, etc are highly appreicated

Sent GW

4) Old Navy/SyncB

This old navy/SyncB has been closed 18 months back, but then it is reporting one 30 day and 60 day late payment to the CRA. What to do here ?

Sent GW

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Building my credit. Advise needed

1.   I'd vote for paying Progressive and letting them recall the debt from the CA.  The CA can't attempt to collect the debt if there's no debt to collect.   They may delete the TL, depending on the policy of the OC, Progressive

2.  Keep up GW efforts.   Aside from email, you can also send letters to the address on the CRs given for CCB.

3. On the more recent lates, you may even want to try calling a CSR and see if the ones from this year can be waived as a courtesy.   As for the rest, Cap One is notoriously difficult regarding GW.   There is split opinion on the board on whether GW should go through Cap One's EO or not.   Again, you can always start your efforts with the address given on the CRs.  However, given the frequent and recent lates on this account, I suspect you may need a more aggresive plan to make sure this account is paid down and paid timely.  

4.  GW letters.  Start with CR addresses.  Other members might be able to provide better contacts for SyncB.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CCB removed one TL.

I did PIF to CCS and they agreed to send a letter to CRA. Only Transuion has the record and it is still showing. Should I dispute with TU to expedite the removal as CCS has agreed to remove the TL.

Talked to a supervisor of a CSR of CCB over phone and he agreed to send the delete request to CRAs and the TL has been removed across EQ and TU.

3) Capital One

Tried chat but invain and emailed GW to EO, they replied with same usual response about accurate reporting, I had 8 late payments and this seems very impossible to remove these. I started loosing hopes as days pass. How long does this affect, some people say 30/60 days affect upto 2 years. If my credit score is 700, does the late payments still reject my new credit card applications ? 

4) Old Navy/SyncB

Tried calling old navy customer care and was told that they don't have any information about my card as it was closed. Disputed from EQ. Any one had luck with GWs for Sync ?

My credit score was at 560 two months back and now it is 640 according to EQ. I had one negative account removed and paid of the balance so that the utlization is 9% on one of the cards. I wil pay balance for my another card, I have a feeling that my EQ score would be around 670 after that.  I try improve this to 700. I would like to know the credit card companies that pull EQ score in WA.

Message 3 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I did PIF to CCS and they agreed to send a letter to CRA. Only Transuion has the record and it is still showing. Should I dispute with TU to expedite the removal as CCS has agreed to remove the TL.

Talked to a supervisor of a CSR of CCB over phone and he agreed to send the delete request to CRAs and the TL has been removed across EQ and TU.

3) Capital One

Tried chat but invain and emailed GW to EO, they replied with same usual response about accurate reporting, I had 8 late payments and this seems very impossible to remove these. I started loosing hopes as days pass. How long does this affect, some people say 30/60 days affect upto 2 years. If my credit score is 700, does the late payments still reject my new credit card applications ? 

4) Old Navy/SyncB

Tried calling old navy customer care and was told that they don't have any information about my card as it was closed. Disputed from EQ. Any one had luck with GWs for Sync ?

My credit score was at 560 two months back and now it is 640 according to EQ. I had one negative account removed and paid of the balance so that the utlization is 9% on one of the cards. I wil pay balance for my another card, I have a feeling that my EQ score would be around 670 after that.  I try improve this to 700. I would like to know the credit card companies that pull EQ score in WA.

1. Deletions can take up to 30-45 days.   I'd recommend being patient on this until that amount of time has passed.  

2. Congrats!

3.  Sorry GW isn't working at Cap One.   They are difficult to crack.   And yes, the effects of 30 & 60 day lates largely diminish over time, and much more rapidly than 90+ day lates.  

4. Here in the community, we don't recommend disputing accurate information with the CRs.  You may want to search the board to see who's had success with GWing Sync/GECRB. 

I'm in California.  For me, Discover, DCU, Target Red Card, and Paypal Credit pulled EQ.  Cap One pulls EQ, along with TU & EX.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GW success with CCB over phone

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding (4) old navy card(Sync), I talked to CSR over phone and explained my situation about why being late for two payments. I told them the reason that I don't have any idea how the credit system works in usa and don't know how the late payments affect the credit score.She told me that she will submit a delete request to FCRA and the decision is upto them. I am confused whether it is an usual request or a step towards success. How come FCRA comes into the picutre as I thought they can submit a requests to CRAs and they will honor the requests. So now does the success depend on how these people consider my reason.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Regarding (4) old navy card(Sync), I talked to CSR over phone and explained my situation about why being late for two payments. I told them the reason that I don't have any idea how the credit system works in usa and don't know how the late payments affect the credit score.She told me that she will submit a delete request to FCRA and the decision is upto them. I am confused whether it is an usual request or a step towards success. How come FCRA comes into the picutre as I thought they can submit a requests to CRAs and they will honor the requests. So now does the success depend on how these people consider my reason.

"FCRA" is not an entity, it is a law, "Fair Credit Reporting Act". They cannot 'send' anything to FCRA. The CSR did what when I was in the Navy, would have been called 'Blowing smoke". Did you happen to get the CSRs name? If so call back and get their supervisor and explain how you were CLEARLY lied to.

Message 7 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Confused about the conversation related to GW that I had with a CSR from old navy sync

The FCRA does not require a debt collector to delete their reporting based on payment of the debt, including when payment is made to the OC.

The "regulation" of debt collector deletions is under CRA reporting policy and procedure, as agreed to and included in the CRA credit reporting manual ("Credit Reporting Resource Guide"). 

The manual sets forth two differenxt reporting requiremets.

1.  If a debt collector's collection authority is terminated prior to payment of the debt, the debt collector is instructed to delete their collection.

That CRA policy is based on the avoidance of a second collection being reported on the same debt.

2.  If the debt collector still has active collextion authrotity when the debt is paid, CRA policy is that they should NOT delete their reporting.

Specifically, they instruct in numerous portions of their manual that deletion of reporting should not be done based on payment of a debt.

That CRA policy is based on the desire of the CRAs to retain as much info in their files as possible, thus retaining the value of their product to others.

The OC does not make the detrmination as to deletion of a collection reported by another.  It is done either voluntrily by the debt collector, or under reporting requirments of the CRAs.  Thus, the promises of the CSR can be taken with a grain of salt unless supported by sone policy or reg.

Technically, the consumer must know that the OC has terminated collection authority with their debt collector priro to your payment in order to request the CRA to enforce their deletion requirment. 

Asking a creditor to terminate their agreement/contract with their debt collector is involvement in their business decisions.  A bit iffy.......

Better, in my opinion, to directly obtain a PFD agreement from the debt collector.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: EQ 150+ points in 2 months

Hi,

These are my recent updates.

1) Get rid of a collection account from CCS.

2) Paid all my balance and bring util to 3%

3) Equifax : 715 (150 +)

4) Experian : 640 (60+) util % didn't get updated here

5) Transunion : 619 (40 +) Disputed with old navy and updated TU saying that a/c is in dispute and util % didn't get updated here

Thanks to everyone in this forum. Without this forum, It couldn't be possible

However, I messed up one thing, 15 days back I applied for cap one quick silver one card and got approved for toy limit of 500 with annual income 115k and scores were pretty low. This has wasted 3 HPs and after 15 days when it gets reported to CRAs, my AAoA will decrease and scores will decrease again. 

I would like to know if I could undo the damage meaning if I close the account immediately will the effect be nullified ?? 

Message 9 of 10
tendertan
Frequent Contributor

Re: EQ 150+ points in 2 months

Did your GW letter work with SYNCB?  I have a settle for less, and haven't gotten anywhere with trying to get the TL removed it was in 2011, but did a risky attempt in disputing it and they reported bck so now it dropped my score 21pts.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.