Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Continues to Verify Debt

tag
simyengi
New Contributor

Equifax Continues to Verify Debt

Last month I sent Equifax a dispute letter regarding my Home Depot account, which featured 13 lates. Home Depot sent me a letter stating that it was sending a request to the credit bureaus asking them to delete the account. TU has complied. Equifax continues to verify with different account balances. How do I get EQ to delete this information as well?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Equifax Continues to Verify Debt

You can send the letter from the creditor to EQ stating deletion of their trade line. Keep in mind the entire process can take up to 90 days.

Message 2 of 17
simyengi
New Contributor

Thanks, DaBears. I sent the Home Depot letter in June with my dispute. I even spoke with an EQ. Rep who told me it was on file. She mentioned something about the way it was disputed. I used a sample dispute letter found in the forum section.
Message 3 of 17
DaBears
Senior Contributor

OP, I noticed you have a similar posting in a different thread. According to that thread your GECRB Home depot account was deleted already and you didn't receive no point increase

Message 4 of 17
simyengi
New Contributor

Citibank is the issuer of the card. The letter they provided was sent in early May. Not sure when they sent the request to EQ. Any suggestions?
Message 5 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It may take just a little while for them to update.  I suggest you don't dispute, it could cause it to stay longer.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 17
kevinlee28
New Contributor

File a complaint with the consumer financial protection bureau and the bbb. Add your documents with the complaint I just had the same problem with Equifax and it was deleted within the week. It works this way
Message 7 of 17
PeacefulP
Regular Contributor

DaBears- that post is about it being removed from TU. this one is about EQ.

OP- please update on how this goes. I'm dealing with the same thing, only with TU. they keep verifying even though they have a letter from CA stating it should have been removed.
Starting Score: TU 634 EQ 614 EX 648 5/20/13
Current Score: TU 631 EQ 643 EX 641 8/7/13 (All Lender Pulled)
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 8 of 17
simyengi
New Contributor

PeacefulP - I will keep you posted. I filed a complaint this morning.
Message 9 of 17
simyengi
New Contributor

DaBears, the GECRB account deletion is causing some issues with TU as well. I'm just wondering how long it takes for a score to change. Between two accounts, there were 23 late payments on my credit report.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.