Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Credit Score Increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Credit Score Increase!

Capitol One reported new card ($300 CL) and my score went up 48 points!!! Two increases in two days! First Experian now Equifax... I just can say.... I'm super happy!!!  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Credit Score Increase!

Congrats!!!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Capitol One reported new card ($300 CL) and my score went up 48 points!!! Two increases in two days! First Experian now Equifax... I just can say.... I'm super happy!!!  

Are they your fico scores? My credit karma scores were 552 (tu and eq) a week ago, now tu is still 552 but eq is 685!  All that changed was I became an au on my dads cc.  Still waiting for my secured cap 1 cc to come.  I dont have fico scores yet due to lack of credit, according to credit check total.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good for you, congrats!!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a nice bump on my scores every time I opened a new CC for the first three cards, even if they were secured.  You can look for secured cards that will graduate if you need to use them, but good if you dont need them.

If you can keep your UTI (utilization) under 9% when they report, it will also help your scores.

If you need more cards, check the pre-qual sites and keep in mind some allow you to use a fictious name and ssn and still get a pre-qual approval.

hth

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advise.

Message 6 of 12
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  I'm waiting for my Cap One QS to report to the CRA's.  I just got it a week ago, so I'm guessing I have 2 - 3 more weeks for them to report?  I'd love to add my husband as an AU, but after my scores go up.  Mine are better than his even though they are low scores LOL 

Starting all over again!
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It's such a good feeling, isn't it?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. They are FICO scores

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same scores last year... It's just a matter of time.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.