Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Credit Score Vs. My Fico Scores

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Credit Score Vs. My Fico Scores

Good Morning,

I pulled my Equifax score, and it is way lower than Myfico.  

Current FICO is 522 and Equifax is 387,  why such huge difference?  Which score is more accurate?

Here is my credit Restoration Plan:

Sent Debt Validation Letters to the Following Agencies via Certified Letter:

Collection Accounts

Accelerated Financial

Open Date 12/2013

Amount: 630.00 ~ Received certified letter stating that they will remove debt until they are able to provide proof.Smiley Wink

Enhanced Aquisition

Open Date 12/2013

Amount $1,068 and $204.00

Southwest Credit Systems

Open Date 11/2012

$155.00

Northeast Credit & Collection

Open Date 1/2014

$932.00

Allied Interstate

Open Date 12/2014

Amount $58.00

Transworld Systems

07/2014

$663.00

Best Service Company

05/2012

Amount $247.00

ARS Resolution

05/2014

Amount:  $64.00 & $1,167.00

(If the accounts are validated within 30 days,  I will send certified letters requesting PFD.)

Need advice on how to handle the accounts that are closed,  but are still being reported on a monthly basis. 

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Credit Score Vs. My Fico Scores

The EQ credit score is a proprietary in house score and is not used by any lender, its a FAKO and should be disregarded. Fico scores are the scores used by lenders. CA accounts that are closed should not be updating monthy. OC accounts can update monthly even if they are closed but typically dont once paid. For paid derogs you want to use GW letters to ask for forgiveness. Here is the GW Letter thread:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Credit Score Vs. My Fico Scores

Has anyone else noticed that the EF score is lower?  I am an Equifax member also and I use it to see when my credit cards get reported because I am trying for a loan.  EF says my score is 560 but will rise to 640 when the cc report the new balance.  I'm thinking and hoping that 560 is low compared to fico but just wondering if anyine else has noticed the same.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.