Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Dispute Comments Removed

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Equifax Dispute Comments Removed

Spoke with a nice lady who removed all of the dispute comments on Equifax report today. PM me if you need the number.

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Dispute Comments Removed

What is the advantage in doing this? I have some items marked as "customer disputes" but I am not disputing them anymore. Would it be to my advantage to have the comment removed?

Message 2 of 28
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the advantage in doing this? I have some items marked as "customer diputes" but I am not disputing them anymore. Would it be to my advantage to have the comment removed?

Most mortgage companies won't underwrite a loan if the report has "customer dispute" comments..because they are saying that when account is in dispute it affects the calculations of the credit score.  All dispute comments must be removed.

Message 3 of 28
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

If you are not disputing the accounts anymore; the dispute comment is supposed to be automatically removed but in some cases they are not.  I would have them remove the comments so that your score would be more accurate. 

Mods/Leaders- correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

Message 4 of 28
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@creditstalker wrote:

If you are not disputing the accounts anymore; the dispute comment is supposed to be automatically removed but in some cases they are not.  I would have them remove the comments so that your score would be more accurate. 

Mods/Leaders- correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

+1.  A must if applying for a mortgage.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the proper way to do this? Contacting the CRA or the lender?

Message 6 of 28
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the proper way to do this? Contacting the CRA or the lender?

Good question.  Oftentimes contacting the CRA will do the trick.  However I had one account that was updating monthly and wile the CRA removed the Comments, the furnisher had the comments in the electronic update to the CRA.  I had to work with the furnisher to have them remove the comment as well.  

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I called all three CRA's and had them remove the comment. I'll report back on if it affected any scores.

Message 8 of 28
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I called all three CRA's and had them remove the comment. I'll report back on if it affected any scores.

Cool deal, can't wait to here about your update!

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, if you want to buy a house. I was told the same thing. 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.