Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - Dispute Resolution

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Equifax - Dispute Resolution

The only other recourse is to get your creditor to do a special update that is prior to their normal, regular monthly updating.

They have no requirment to do that, but if they do, it will then be posted to yuor credit file as soon as the CRA does its admin duties.

If the lendor does not "trust" that it was paid, they can of course contact the creditor themselves for verification.

That would be just as much confirmation as seeing it in your credit report........

Message 11 of 14
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. An off cycle update it what needs to happen. Now some lenders will swear they cannot do it when you call and try to talk to them. I don't know how NFCU will respond though.

I can tell you that I had this issue with Citi a couple of months back and they would not budge. I emailed the EO and the next day a supervisor called and said they got it taken care of with no issue. But ymmv in these instances.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 12 of 14
Mikey123
Valued Member

Does anyone know if Chase will do an off cycle update? Thanks

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mikey123 wrote:

Does anyone know if Chase will do an off cycle update? Thanks

Is it Chase or NFCU? I am not aware that either will do a mid cycle update but calling them and asking if they would is a place to start. You can also ask your lender if you can supply them with proof of the debt being paid (cancelled check, bank statement and or letter from the creditor) in lieu of the update showing on you credit report.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.