cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax..Dispute process written or online!!

tag
Njoy
Valued Member

Equifax..Dispute process written or online!!

Hi MyFICO members, 

A little over a week ago, I sent letters to Equifax requesting they verify some items on my credit report. In response, I received an EMAIL from them requesting that use their online process to get the response to my request. It's a little creepy that they matched my email to my name and address because my email was definitely NOT in my letter. But I guess that is just a quick search in a database. Regardless, is this a good idea?

The letter is below.....

Your most recent Equifax reinvestigation has been started.  This process can take up to 30 days to complete.  For faster delivery of your results, you can now receive the results of your investigation online.
To accept receipt of the results of your investigation online, please click on this hyperlink:

(Hyperlink removed) 

Any reinvestigation that you have created within the timeframe of this request will be available for your review online upon completion.

We appreciate your help as we work together to protect our environment by going green and increasing your account security with electronic delivery.

Starting Score: 507 (8/2010)
Current Score: 635 (EQ-7/2011)
Current Score: 683 (TU-7/2011)Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax..Dispute process written or online!!

I've disputed things with Equifax by mail and have gotten these emails.

Basically, what will happen is that they will send you an email with the link to the results when they are done. Seems like either way you initiate the dispute, you will always receive the results of it online.

Not a big deal, really.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

I recently disputed the spelling of my name and an address on my EQ score via online dispute.  No problems as it was done in 2 days.  The only issue was they didn;t completely say what they did so I had to call them, which was a pain to get an actual person.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 611(a)(6)(A) requires that a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation must be sent via mail unless the consumer authorizes communication by other means.

They dont have discretion to send only via email without your authorization.  Thus, the purpose of their request.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.