Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax DoFD

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax DoFD

@guiness56 wrote:

I would actually attempt to find out through EQ why they are showing that.  Ask them what DoFD the OC reported and see what they say.

I find it hard to believe the other CRAs have it correctly with the same information provided by the OC. 

It has happened before that EQ used the CO date as the DoFD and that is incorrect.

I purchased a copy of my report directly from EQ as I am eager to resolve this issue.  I contacted them directly and I was told that they simply collect the information that is provided to them from the company.  The representative was unable to provide any infomation other than offer to dispute the account.  The representative also advised that they don't archive reports and he was unable to go back and review historical reports.

I chose not to initiate a dispute with EQ as I am going to pull together all of my old credit reports and send directly to GMAC.  I hope this does not turn into a nightmare.

Also, the 81-Month Payment History on the report that I accessed today is completely diferent when compared to old reports.  It no longer reflects any of the 30, 60 or 90 day late notations.  The new report shows--

Aug 2013  - CO

Oct 2013 - CO

Jan 2014 - CO

Message 11 of 16
guiness56
Epic Contributor

They can go back and look at historical data.  They have to be able to do that.

Have you pulled a new one from TU and EX to see if that reporting has been changed?

I would send the direct dispute to GMAC and include old and new reports, any account statements you may have, etc.

Message 12 of 16
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

They can go back and look at historical data.  They have to be able to do that.

Have you pulled a new one from TU and EX to see if that reporting has been changed?

I would send the direct dispute to GMAC and include old and new reports, any account statements you may have, etc.

Thanks.  i have prepared a direct dispute letter using the template provided in your signature.  I have included 3 - 4 old credit reports in addition to a letter received directly from GMAC 01/2014.  The letter confirms the payment history listed on the old credit reports.  

Notably, I also contacted GMAC Asset REcovery yesterday evening to get an over night mailing address.  The representative insisted that "they have been informed to no longer assist customers directly with credit inquiries; all disputes have to be initiated directly with the CRA."

It's terrible that I have to jump through so many hoops to request that this information be reported accurately.  So, I will proceed and send the letter directly to GMAC as well as send a copy to Equifax via postal mail.

I also considered paying a family friend who is an attorney a small fee to type/send the letter on her letter head to see if I would get a qiucker response.  But, hopefully the outcome will be favorable w/out going this route.  

I will update as soon as I receive a response.  

Message 13 of 16
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Hi All,

I have a follow-up question.  Notably, I was able to get TU and EX to remove the GMAC acount early from my report.  Per the notations on my reports, TU was scheduled to remove the account 4/2014 while EX was scheduled to remove the account 07/2014.

Notably, I have sent a letter to GMAC with a copy of the letter sent to EQ and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to validate the DoFD.  While browsing EQ website I found the following information-- https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/164/noIntercept/1

The information posted here suggests that credit accounts remain on file for seven years from the date of last activity.  The date of last activity on my EQ report for GMAC is N/A.  Is it safe to assume that if the date of last activity is N/A then the DoFD will be used?   Or, should I be asking GMAC to update the date of last activity?

It would be so much easier if EQ was like the other CRAs and simply added a clear notation.

Thanks for the help!  

Message 14 of 16
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

Hi All,

I have a follow-up question.  Notably, I was able to get TU and EX to remove the GMAC acount early from my report.  Per the notations on my reports, TU was scheduled to remove the account 4/2014 while EX was scheduled to remove the account 07/2014.

Notably, I have sent a letter to GMAC with a copy of the letter sent to EQ and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to validate the DoFD.  While browsing EQ website I found the following information-- https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/164/noIntercept/1

The information posted here suggests that credit accounts remain on file for seven years from the date of last activity.  The date of last activity on my EQ report for GMAC is N/A.  Is it safe to assume that if the date of last activity is N/A then the DoFD will be used?   Or, should I be asking GMAC to update the date of last activity?

It would be so much easier if EQ was like the other CRAs and simply added a clear notation.

Thanks for the help!  

nevermind - i found the answer in EQ Key Terms Section--

Date of Last Activity (DLA):
    * For paid as agreed accounts with a zero balance, the DLA contains the Date of Last Payment on the account.
    * For paid as agreed accounts with a balance greater than zero, the DLA contains the most recent date associated with the account.
    * For delinquent accounts and accounts included in bankruptcy, the DLA contains the date the first delinquency occurred leading to the Status being reported on the account.

Message 15 of 16
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

********** U P D A T E **********

after a long battle, i finally won.  It wasn't an easy fight though.  I submitted multiple disputes via Equifax and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.  I also sent several written communications directly to GMAC.  After getting a consumer protection attorney involved, i started to see some progress.  Here is what my attorney had to say--

I've reviewed the most recent report you sent me and compared it to the coding required by the Credit Reporting Resource Guide (Metro 2 Manual) for "Date of First Delinquency."  The reporting does not comply with the Metro 2 guidelines.  I believe that the reporting as seen on the most recent report could certainly be misleading to a reader of the report as to when delinquency actually first occurred.  

Overall, she agreed with everyone in regards to the DoFD and how it was being reported by GMAC.  I am now considering the possibility of a potential civil suit against Equifax for continuing to inaccurately report this account despite my attempt to bring it to their attention.  I was denied several loans and credit cards as lenders pointed to this account.  

But, as for now, i received an online dispute notification from Equifax suggesting that the account has been deleted.  It looks like the dispute was initiated and completed on 5/22/2014.  Unfrotunately, it is not clear if it was deleted at the request of GMAC or initiated by Equifax.  

Stay tuned.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.