Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax EE of old CO...YAY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax EE of old CO...YAY!

@debtfighter wrote:

looked at a equifax credit report of my boyfriends from january 19, 2014 and that equifax report says date of first delinquency is 5/2009. the equifax report for march 1, 2016 says date of first deliquency is 7/2009. is this proof that this company is trying to screw with us? more proof that equifax could really EE it faster?

debtfighter,

I know it can feel personal but believe me these types of errors are very common. Just call the bureaus and say that there is a disparity in DoFD between the bureaus and explain that that this item is due to come off within the next couple of months on all of them and you are simply seeking to have it removed now. Tell them you are in the process of getting your credit record back in good standing and that this 1 item is preventing you from making progress.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm new to this forum and don't understand some of what you all are talking about. But are you saying that if something is about to fall off your account in the next few months that you can call and ask them to remove it early? What do you say to them?
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

my student loans are like that with different DOFD accross the board and I don't want to dispute that but if I could get them to EE based on the first date of DOFD they would fall off in Sept of this year. When they are showing 3 different dates of DOFD accross the board I don't know how to address that.

Message 23 of 31
debtfighter
New Contributor

update....according to credit karma the auto loan on my boyfriends transunuion credit report aged off!!!! I hadn't even tried EE on it yet. So now I am going to try to EE equifax and see if they will remove it early as they have it listed to come off on a different date.  If I can get Equifax to EE based on transunion removing it than my boyfriends credit reports will be free of all baddies!! According to credit karma his transunion score went up 66 points!! 

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is awesome. keep us updated. hope it works all across the board.

Message 25 of 31
debtfighter
New Contributor

update....my boyfriend tried to get EE with Equifax for his auto loan and they wanted him to dispute the DOFD instead of EE.  He told them he didn't want to dispute because this company reports his auto loan as an open account even though it is a charged-off auto loan and updates monthly. Auto loan has never gone to a collection agency. Since he didn't want to dispute the account he was told to call back one month before the account is due to fall off (DoFD is 7/2016). We don't want to poke the bear so we will have to wait another 2 1/2 months before trying EE again. This company just updated again and his equifax score went down 56 points!!! When the account aged off transunion his score went up 66 points. 

Message 26 of 31
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

I am going to try to get my repo removed about a week early from 30 days.

I didn't talk to EQ but I did talk to TU and EX who both told me to call back 30 days before it's scheduled to age off.

That said I am consumed with my next financial moves that I want to try to see if I can jump start the next phase, instead of waiting another 45 days or so; my sleep is starting to suffer.

I'm excited and want to get started right away. 

Message 27 of 31
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Soooo, I've been trying to get 1 old Cap1 CO off all my reports (according to my 3B reports it is scheduled to come off in August/16). TU took it off with just a couple of minutes talking with a supervisor in early Feb. I took it all the way to the 3rd level supervisors with EQ & EX, EX put it in review but it didn't come off and EQ told me to call back later because it was WAAAAYYYY too early.

Well, not being one to sit on my hands long I called EQ Friday and simply talked to the front line CS agent. He was very friendly and we spoke at length about the acct. He told me that it was too early to remove it but I should feel free to call back in when I reach the 30day out mark. Before hanging up I said that I'm confused because TU removed it last mth and EX has no DoFD on my report. To that he said something like "That makes a difference. I'd be happy to dispute it based on those 2 statements.” I was reluctant to dispute it thinking that it might report a late again and dump my scores but I went ahead and let him do it. He gave me a new Confirmation # for the dispute and told me that it could take up to 30days to contact Cap1 and get permission to remove the item. That concerned me but we went ahead. I checked the online dispute yesterday and it said "Pending" and something like "Estimated date of reply 4/11/16". I just checked it again and while it said "Pending" the estimated date had changed to today's date. I went back and entered the Confirmation # into the full dispute site and entered all the info and low and behold the item is completely gone!!!!!

I've read horror stories about EQ being the hardest one to get an EE with but they came through for me. Now I need to go back to EX and based on this info get them to remove it and I'll have NO CO's on my report. I do have a couple of PR's that I'm working on and they are harder to deal with but my TU score jumped about 50pts when it came off there so I'm looking for close to the same for EQ...

It can be done you just have to be your own best advocate and gently but firmly push through the issue…

EDIT!!!

Wow! just 15mins after I posted this I got a myFICO alert on EQ and my score jumped 51pts, UNBELIEVABLE!

Checked CCT and my EX is up 55pts. For some reason it fell off EX too and I didn't even get the chance to dispute it with them.

Now all scores are in the high-mid 600's and my combined score ought to be around 650 up from 603...

Very Nice! Congrats. This would make anyone happy!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 28 of 31
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

I wanted to bump this.

I just got off the phone with TU and they put my request for EE into the dispute system. I think this is correct as I read in this thread or in another one this is what happens.

The file in question drops August 18th from TU which is funny because EX says July 31st but to call back about a week before the end of the month. 

I will hit up EQ next, as I may apply for an auto loan with DCU and want my scores to be the highest I can get it.

Message 29 of 31
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Update! 

TU has deleted my WFDS Charge-off! I checked the online dispute link I got yesterday shortly after I got off the phone with a TU CSR and boom it was gone, no trace of it.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.