Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Early Exclusion

tag
Cooki844
New Contributor

Equifax Early Exclusion

Anyone have any luck...advice on an Early Exclusion with Equifax. I have an account due to fall off in October. They will not BUDGE on inch on deleting it . I have been told I will not be removed until OCT 1 Thanks
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
crrredit
Established Contributor

Re: Equifax Early Exclusion

They often automatically remove items at the beginning of the month before it's scheduled to drop off. I had one fall off at the beginning of this month and it was scheduled to come off in September. It's an automatic thing, not the result of calling them. You're almost there. Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it just me, or is EQ the toughest bureau in terms of disputes? I personally have had more success with Experian and TU. Has anyone else found this to be the case??

Either way, no worries you are almost there :-)
Message 3 of 11
crrredit
Established Contributor

Equifax is the hardest to get an exclusion, their scheduled drop off dates are always the latest,  and historically it's my lowest score. Although for some reason, Experian is the lowest now, even though it's my cleanest report. 

Message 4 of 11
nikocb

I'm having the same issues.

TU & EX both did early exclusions on the same account. EQ will not.. Just this morning I was denyed an EE for an account set to drop off in October

Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Try getting a supervisor on the phone right after Sept 1.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same experience with Equifax.   I have three CC COs from 2008.  TU removed each one 5-6 months before their respective fall-off dates. 

EX 3 months early, as expected.  But with EQ I have had no luck.   I have disputed online (too old to be on account). They investigated and denied with no response. I called three months early - no luck.   And now I called them today (9 weeks early), two times.  I asked the first rep for an early exclusions.   He had a canned response declining my request and said the DoFD is Nov 2008 so it will fall off in Nov 2015 - no exceptions.  I called again and decided not to use the phrase 'early exclusion' and asked the rep to dispute based on age of the account.   He said they typically remove derogatories automatically one month early.  Despite that I asked him to dispute it anyway, he obliged.   Fingers crossed. 

Message 7 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Playing devil\s advocate for a moment......

The CRAs also must consider the effect of early exclusion on their primary customers, which are the creditors who purchase and use their credit reports.

Exclusion removes the information from view by creditors. 

Congress has set the standard for how long derogs may be viewed by others.  The more they subjectively and aritrarily deviate from that standard, the more "incomplete" their reports become.  The more they stick to or near the max statutory periods set by congress, the more complete their reports, and thus potentially useful to their primary customers, which are not consumers.

As litigous as the U.S. has become, I would envision a discrimination suit against a CRA for not granting an early exclusion to party B that they have shown to have previously granted to party A.  Not budging from a set standard removes issues of discrimination........

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to Equifax.com a couple of days after the dispute request and the rep disputed the wrong account.  Not sure how he confused BofA for AmEx but oh well.    I called and let them know they could cancel the BofA dispute as I am in agreement with it and it's months before any EE possibility.  I asked the rep if he could dispute the AmEx derog and he declined.  So, I waited a couple of days...til we got into Sept and disputed online, requesting removal due to age and today it was removed - two months early.   That should really help - EQ was my lowest score.  

Message 9 of 11
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Playing devil\s advocate for a moment......

The CRAs also must consider the effect of early exclusion on their primary customers, which are the creditors who purchase and use their credit reports.

Exclusion removes the information from view by creditors. 

Congress has set the standard for how long derogs may be viewed by others.  The more they subjectively and aritrarily deviate from that standard, the more "incomplete" their reports become.  The more they stick to or near the max statutory periods set by congress, the more complete their reports, and thus potentially useful to their primary customers, which are not consumers.

As litigous as the U.S. has become, I would envision a discrimination suit against a CRA for not granting an early exclusion to party B that they have shown to have previously granted to party A.  Not budging from a set standard removes issues of discrimination........

I should sue TU.

On Tuesday I was told they could remove the IIB accounts but not the Ch 13 PR that are due to fall off 3/2016.  I saw a 41 point increase to 701 for the IIB accounts being removed... but the PR remains.

About 30 minutes later a new thread appeared from someone who had just called TU...

... and got his IIB accounts and Ch 13 PR removed.

Pretty amazing how every rep/supervisor has a different answer and gives a different result when it comes to EE.

I'm gonna try back in a few days and request the PR removal... maybe I'll get the same rep as the other guy this time.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.