Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Early removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Early removal

Hi,

I have a collection that it due to come off this year.

On EX due to come off on 5/16

On TU it is due to come off on 7/16

On EQ  I don't know I order report from them, but those not show when the collection will come off.  I really don't know why they don't put that information on the report I ordered from them.   I am thinking  4/16  my be ?

Do you think will be a good idea to call hem for early deletion since it is very close to the date and which one of them I should call ?

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Soo in the past month I've had 6 Baddies removed from Experian   and 6 removed from Equifax  !! One was due to be removed in April and all the rest were due to be removed in June. I had started and on line dispute and then followed up with phone calls. No problem and representative I spoke to were very receptive. Didn't even have to go to a manager. I never mentioned early exclusion's. I said I have some old accounts I'd like to look at. Don't know if I just got lucky or what, but it sounds good to me. Also just got every day American express every day card this week with $8,000 initial credit line. Big week. Now I just have to sit tight and let some of my cards mature as my cards and length of credit are not very long.

wondering how much of a hit I'll take for new card and inquiry??

Thanks everyone for all your help and information

Awesome news and congratulations!!!

I called all 3 in Feb. about a CO that is due to come off later this year and TU dropped it immediately, EX put it under review (but it didn't come off) and EQ told me it was too early.

I just called EQ again and this time they put it under review (but the CS agent was pretty sure it would come off early next week) {from his lips to God's ears}. EX was closed by the time I called them so I'll give them a jingle next week.

So I have a huuuuggggeeee update from yesterday but I couldn't remember where I had put this comment so I'm updating it now with a link to my post. All 3B's have EE'd an old CO due to come off at the end of the summer this year.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-EE-of-old-CO-YAY/m-p/4495781#M474874

There are actually 2 posts about 15mins apart so read them carefully and go for it!!! EQ is NOT the spawn of Satan I thought they were.

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course call them, what harm could it be?? DON'T ASK FOR EARLY DELETIONS, JUST SAY YOU HAVE SOME OLD ACCOUNTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT.!!!!! CAN'T HURT. IF THEY SAY NO ASK TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR. LET US KNOW HOW YOU DID..

Message 13 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

How close are they to the 7 years required by law????

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

The conversation started something like " Hello this is Jack Bla Bal Bla. Then he said What could I help you with today" I have some old accounts I'd like to look at. Make sure you have the report in front t of you, so you can give them report Number and date of report. They may ask you for account number which is listed thee for each account.

Good Luck

Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called EX  today because I have  a collection account of $ 22,000.00 that falling off in May 2016 .  The person who answered the phone I told him that I have account that I need to look at and I give him the numbers.  He said i see the account her and that all he did not say anything us so I was waiting for him to say something and nothing so I said I would like to see the date that account falling off and I said it should fall off now and he said not until 5/16 so I said it should came off by now and he said I can transfer you to dispute center because we are just the first line her., I said I really don't want to dispute it I said can I talk to a supervisor and he keeps saying you need to talk to dispute department first and I said you are very nice, but I just want to talk to a supervisor first so finally he put me on hold for 35 minutes and a lady answered and I ask me me how can I help you and I asked her about the account that it should fall off by now and I did disputed long tie ago so she said can I put you on hold to look at it I said no problem 2 minutes later she said this account will be removed in 72 hours would like email update I said yes and I said thank you so much.

I will keep looking for the email next 72 hours and see if it updated.

This first try with EX  I am happy with result so far.

Do I have to pull my credit report to see if they removed the account and when I should do that after 72 hours or longer ?

Thanks

Now I have to call EQ  and  TU

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok,  I called TU and I did not get anywhere with first person I talked to so I asked for a Supervisor  I said I want to check on account so I give him all the info and I said I believe this account should have been removed all my it it almost to date that will be remove which I think the date will go off it was 8/16  so he said let me look and he respond I will remove this account for you today and I will send you a new report within 48 hours or something like that. I said can you send me email update he said I can't or something like that, but I will send you report so I did want to push it and thank you so much you made my day and I hope you a great day too.

I will see if anything happens next couple days.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I called EQ   and they just have very bad custtomer service and I did not get anywhrere with the employee or the Supervisor they keep telling you have to wait until the date that on the report and will come off that date which it  Agust 2016

So no luck with EQ at this time and I dion't know hwen I should try them again.

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Soo in the past month I've had 6 Baddies removed from Experian   and 6 removed from Equifax  !! One was due to be removed in April and all the rest were due to be removed in June. I had started and on line dispute and then followed up with phone calls. No problem and representative I spoke to were very receptive. Didn't even have to go to a manager. I never mentioned early exclusion's. I said I have some old accounts I'd like to look at. Don't know if I just got lucky or what, but it sounds good to me. Also just got every day American express every day card this week with $8,000 initial credit line. Big week. Now I just have to sit tight and let some of my cards mature as my cards and length of credit are not very long.

wondering how much of a hit I'll take for new card and inquiry??

Thanks everyone for all your help and information

Awesome news and congratulations!!!

I called all 3 in Feb. about a CO that is due to come off later this year and TU dropped it immediately, EX put it under review (but it didn't come off) and EQ told me it was too early.

I just called EQ again and this time they put it under review (but the CS agent was pretty sure it would come off early next week) {from his lips to God's ears}. EX was closed by the time I called them so I'll give them a jingle next week.

So I have a huuuuggggeeee update from yesterday but I couldn't remember where I had put this comment so I'm updating it now with a link to my post. All 3B's have EE'd an old CO due to come off at the end of the summer this year.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Equifax-EE-of-old-CO-YAY/m-p/4495781#M474874

There are actually 2 posts about 15mins apart so read them carefully and go for it!!! EQ is NOT the spawn of Satan I thought they were.

We shall just have to agree to disagree on that one. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is EQ so dificult to deal with no help from them what so ever almost feel like did not care. I also notice that I was taliking to someone in India or china just no customer experience what so ever.

You can talk for five minutes and their repond tow words you have to wait , you have to wait over and over.

I hope I will have a good luck next time withem I hope somone friendly.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.