Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Finally Removed Disputed Judgements

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Finally Removed Disputed Judgements

I had two judgements against me that were discharged in chapter 7 in 2013. Since then, all three credit bureaus had those two judgements and my bankruptcy as negative public records. In July of this year, I disputed the judgements as fulfilled (due to information I learned from here), and TU and EX removed them right away. Equifax though has consistently denied my request and verified that they were accurate.

So after 2-3 disputes with it, I noticed they stopped allowing for comments to be given when making a dispute. So I wrote up a Word doc saying, in short, that because of James Jenkins, et al., v. Equifax Information Services LLC, I did not know the source of their information on those judgements and want these removed from my credit report ASAP. One day later, they finally deleted both judgements off my report without any fuss. I have never had Equifax respond so quickly to a dispute online! It typically takes the full 30 days for them to respond.

So happy to finally have them off all my reports for good =) I hope this helps anyone else that is looking to remove baddies with Equifax.

Message 1 of 55
54 REPLIES 54
Hopingfor700s
Valued Member

Re: Equifax Finally Removed Disputed Judgements

Would you mind posting what exactly you wrote as I am not familiar with the case or why you noted it above.
Message 2 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Google the case name that I provided. The first result should be of the lawyer's website on the case. I got a postcard in the mail to join in and get 18 months of credit monitoring for free from Equifax due to this.

Here is what I wrote (not verbatim): "I am requesting the removal of two judgements (case number *** and ***) on my Equifax credit report due to James Jenkins, et al. v. Equifax Information Services LLC (provided them link to attorney's website on the case). I do not know where these judgements have originally been identified from, and due to this, Equifax has violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). Please remove these judgements as soon as possible."

Mods, if I am breaking any rules with posting this, just let me know and I'll remove.

Message 3 of 55
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

I, for one, think this is outstanding,  great and soooo glad for you ! 

I have been battling EQ for months over a satisfied judgement that they've refused to update the status to , "paid" ! 

I've got a dispute in now with them and I pd the OC 8k, the full amount,  nearly 7 months ago. This ages off in December of '17 and EQ just refuses to update this information!  

Great job, OP ! 

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 4 of 55
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

JuI, for one, think this is outstanding,  great and soooo glad for you ! 

I have been battling EQ for months over a satisfied judgement that they've refused to update the status to , "paid" ! 

I've got a dispute in now with them and I pd the OC 8k, the full amount,  nearly 7 months ago. This ages off in December of '17 and EQ just refuses to update this information!  

Great job, OP ! 

TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 5 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is a pain to work with sometimes.

They were nice with a baddie that I called about earlier this year. They said I could get it removed one month early if I called in October. Instead of making me call in though, they took it off by themselves at the end of September. I had called in July. So the rep must've noted it or something!

Message 6 of 55
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Jenkins v EQ is not citable as legal precedent.

First, it is pending (non-concluded) litigation, and thus there is no legal finding..

Second, it is not an appellate decision, and thus is not citable legal precedent.  It becomes, when concluded, only the view of one trial court judge.

Recent communications from EQ offering a free credit monitoring service in view of the pending litigation is part of an ongoing attempt to settle that civil complaint without trial.

It does not establish any violation on their part.

Their decision to exclude the judgments was voluntary.

Others may choose to reference Jenkins, but should not do so as legal precedent requiring any exclusion or deletion.

Message 7 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for adding this, Robert. When I sent this to them, I remember afterwards seeing that the case was still pending and a settlement.

So take my results with a grain of salt. It could've been me constantly disputing it that made them delete the judgements, or a CSR that took me for face value and just went for it. Not sure. Just happy they finally caved in and deleted them =)

Message 8 of 55
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Although I agree with Robert,  I do believe that EQ sees "the writing on the wall" and will be providing consumers with furnishers of information from here out or...face further actions!  

By not providing consumers with this information is pure nonsense and just showing their true colors of how hard they really want to be ! Should consumers not have this (as other providers do) to go by in looking at and correcting or their mistakes in their reports? 

Jenkins will be part of their training to their staff, no doubt, as all new cases come about, settled, litigated,  adjudicated,  laws and actions by various agencies take affect. 

Jenkins will have an effect on how they continue to hold out on providing PR "furnishers of information ", in my opinion ! 

Again, congratulations to the OP ! 

TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 9 of 55
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

I just wanted to hare my sucess in having my judgement removed as well following the same procedure as the op stated. I had been battling equifax since May of this year filing well over 10 different disputes trying to remove this judgement from my credit report with no sucess. So glad I came across this thread and thought why not give it a shot. Supplied them with the link in a doc I typed up and they deleted that pup in less than 24 hours! Thanks so much Adrabnar for your post. This just made my year 🖒🖒

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.