Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Help Please!

tag
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

Equifax Help Please!

I have been working very hard to get all my scores up.  I pulled my FICO scores on 7/21/08 and they were high enough to get approved for an FHA loan.  Today the mortgage company pulled and lo and behold my Equifax score had dropped 20 points since the 21st!  That being my mid score of course put me out of the running for my loan today.
I called Equifax..... spoke with two people.... pulled a new report.... nothing new on there..... and got nowhere with the customer service people.  They have no idea why it went down.  One of them suggested that the inquiries I have had over the last 6 months "caught up" and lowered the score.  They were both unable to help me.  Of course the dispute center closes before I am off work so no help there either.  I also called MyFico customer service and though she was very nice there is nothing she can do about it either.
Does anyone have any idea what I can do about this in a very short amount of time?  I have a very nice home loan waiting for me if I can raise my score 13 points.  And there are things on the report to dispute..... but won't that take 30 days?  Is it faster to call?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Help Please!

What do you have left that can be disputed?  Are they CAs, COs...?

In theory, it takes 30 days, but you might be very surprised at some that can be taken care of MUCH faster!
Message 2 of 3
GettingBetter66
New Contributor

Re: Equifax Help Please!

I have about 4 inquiries and some old closed accounts that are still showing a balance on them.  I also have 3 collection accouts and one of them started with a balance of 113. in 2006 and now says I owe 1900. but it is not a judgment.   Would any of these go faster then the others?  Can I take care of anything over the phone?  Thanks
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.