Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax, How I Loathe Thee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax, How I Loathe Thee

I put in a online dispute with Equifax...

There are two Credit One Bank cards reporting to my credit. One is mine, in good standing, with under 30% UTI, no lates, etc. Then there is another, from 4 years ago, that isn't mine, that I was a Authorized user on. They stopped reporting on it on 6/2015, but they never removed it, so it repeatedly hits my report each month as having a high UTI and hurts my credit factors. 

My dispute was to remove the Credit One Bank account that I wasnt a AU on anymore. Despite numerous requests to Credit One to fix this, and them agreeing numerous times and sending me letters stating that fact, that AU account still appears.

What Equifax actually did, despite my clarifying that there were TWO showing, of which only ONE was mine - was send me a letter stating they removed both of them from my credit file, then threw them both back on the next day, and my score with them tanked 15 points! So frustrating! COME ON EQUIFAX, GET IT TOGETHER!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax, How I Loathe Thee

File a complaint with the CFPB if this isnt getting resolved.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also suggest filing a BBB complaint as well at the same time as the CFPB

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have filed a complaint with the CFPB in hopes to resolve this quickly. 

Message 4 of 5
nolamike
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Dont know if this will help but it might. EQ has an Office of Consumer Affairs that you can reach by telling the front line operator you want a MANAGER not a supervisor but a MANAGER.

They can directly fix things on your report throught their tech dept. .My saga and finding out about this office is documented her under my username.

Hope it helps

Starting Score: EQ 628 | TU 643 | EXP 618
Fico 8 12/22/16: EQ 658 | TU 682 | EXP 721
Next Goal:        700's across the board
Credit Karma:   EQ 554 | TU 551
CK 12/22/2016: EQ 637 | TU 637
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.