Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Online Dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Online Dispute

Hello. I'm currently having a hard time filing a dispute with Equifax online. When I click the Get Started button and I'm taken to the window where I need to type in all my personal information, when I'm done I get this error:

The information you provided does not match our records so we are unable to process your request online. 

Please FAX your dispute and a copy of your driver's license to 888 826-0549.

I'm typing in the same information I have typed with the TU and EX websites, and it worked fine.

Now, I took a look at my EQ report here on myFICO just to see if maybe my personal information was wrong on the actual report. This is how it looks on my report:

Name: John A A Wayne

Former Names: John A Wayne-Jones

John A Waynejones

Then date of birth, current address, etc.

You can see the one issue right away.. I have no idea how my name came to have my middle name inital twice on the Name line.. just weird. I'm wondering if maybe my personal information on the report is causing the problem. Maybe I should type the information a certain way? Have any of you come across this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help guys.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax Online Dispute

Mine does the same thing. One day I can get in and the other I can't, same message. Equifax also has my birth year wrong. Says 88, but I was actually born in 89!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cartwrna, they also have my birthdate wrong. They have August 18th and it's the 19th. They are a mess. I have found Experian to have the most correct information out of the 3 CRAs.

Message 3 of 5
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Weird, I've found Experian is the worst for me :-p They're hard to deal with as well. I disputed an account back in 2013, got on their dispute process last night and it still said in dispute from 2013 with me unable to re-dispute it over being a year old dispute lol. Then I call and they send me an email saying it's been updated :-@ What happened to 30 days!
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 4 of 5
toi34
Established Contributor

Yes...I am having the same issue with EQ. All of a sudden my personal information is wrong -- my first, middle and last names are in the wrong order and my birthdate (year, date and month) are totally off. I disputed it online and had to send in my DL, SS and utility bill. Something is up over at EQ because the CFPB has a bevy of complaints about EQ and the reporting of people's personal information.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.