Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Playing Hard Ball!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax Playing Hard Ball!!!

I am in same situation, but I am really lucky that Transunion and Experian already deleted 3 of them that were from 2011. I called Equifax and they haven't done anything - so I think like others are saying you can request the court to vacate. Some states requires removal of judgement when satisfied I've read, not sure which it is. Also check your state's statue of limitation it could be sooner than the 2018! Try and try until you succeed! So for now for me UNTIL Equifax clears my judgement, I am trying to stir away from creditors that pulls EQ and just stick with TU and EX for now. Good luck to you!

Message 11 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in same situation, but I am really lucky that Transunion and Experian already deleted 3 of them that were from 2011. I called Equifax and they haven't done anything - so I think like others are saying you can request the court to vacate. Some states requires removal of judgement when satisfied I've read, not sure which it is. Also check your state's statue of limitation it could be sooner than the 2018! Try and try until you succeed! So for now for me UNTIL Equifax clears my judgement, I am trying to stir away from creditors that pulls EQ and just stick with TU and EX for now. Good luck to you!

Yes, I am too grateful for the likes of Transunion and Experian removing the judgement hassle free. And I will also try to avoid my Equifax being the subject of creditors. It's just the waiting sometmes that is really the hardest part of rebuiding. I wil try to get this thing vacated by the court someway, somehow or maybe I will get the right Equifax rep on the right day to make my day! Alll the best to you as well.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to share my gratitude for all the suggeastions and support. I will try and put some things in motion and report back.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 13 of 15
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just got Equifax results back  from my dispute re investigation on my judgement. Took them all of 2 days to re verifiy the judgement. What a joke of of a CRA. I think I wil search the internet for some tips. Relly dont think hiring a firm like Lexington Law is the way to go as I have done quite well by myself.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to have a judge sign off on a "vacate" to have it removed after 6 years. Research getting it vacated. There is tons of information on it in the FICO forums. They will only update to show "satisfied" if you pay.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.