Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Question need explanation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax Question need explanation

Okay so myfico had my score 595. The actual Equifax website that I paid for says my score is 630. Can someone explain. Why would fico and the official Equifax company have different results?
3 REPLIES 3
taekwon
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax Question need explanation

The score you're getting from Equifax is not a Fico 8 score. EQ uses their own scoring module. A few months ago I too paid for Equifax's service. My EQ score was higher than my fico 8 but lower than my Vantage 3.0. After a little research I learned the EQ score is not a Fico 8 score.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So myfico is the real results right? You'd think the official EQ would be the scoring. Thanks.
Message 3 of 4
taekwon
Regular Contributor

After I found out EQ doesn't use fico, I canceled my subscription. TU monitoring uses Vantage 3.0. Ex uses Fico 8. If you want all three fico scores try CCT for $1 trial. Don’t forget to cancel before the end of the trial period. CCT is operated by EX.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.