Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax - Stall Tactic?

tag
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

Equifax - Stall Tactic?

I mailed a certified letter to Equifax requesting MOV (METHOD OF VERIFICATION) that they received on 9/29, and today I received a letter dated 10/2/14 that they need a copy of my drivers license /ssn/utility bill, etc to process my request because the information I sent doesn't match their records. Uh, I sent this info to them about three weeks ago when I changed my address and updated my credit file. I feel like they're buying time because they do not have the info that I requested. Anyone else experience this when requesting MOV? This was my first time using this credit repair tactic.

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Equifax - Stall Tactic?

Send them the requested info, then file with the cfpb. Equifax is VERY responsive to BBB and cfpb complaints.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would doubt that is their motive.

MOV requests are usually met in a pro forma manner by the CRAs by simply stating that they used e-Oscar.

That meets the sttutory requrement to disclose the procedure used to forward the dispute, and to whom/how it was sent.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats all you will get back is a response saying they use eOscar.. I did it already.

Message 4 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

They are required to reinvestigate, in my state, the law is clear, no e Oscar. They must make contact. Experian tried that, a cfpb complaint got a delete the next day. Equifax is VERY friendly with BBB complaints. If you ask for reinvestigation, they must do a thorough ine (hence the cfpb complaints). The laws, they are a changin'.
Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 6
Amleigh
Regular Contributor

I will definitely send the info and file CFPB. I have used CFPB/BBB a lot in my credit rebuilding and have gotten tremendous results. Thanks so much for your help!

Starting Score: 467 EQ 514 TU 583 EX
Current Score: 531 EQ 567 TU 601 EX
Goal Score: EQ 742 TU 742 EX 742

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.